Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following is my interpretation of The Master of the Forge on a Hover Bike. I know, I know, there's no such thing as a "hover bike", but I just couldn't imagine the leader of the Tech Marines driving around on a normal motorcycle. He is one of the best engineers in the Universe, why would he ride on a vehicle that touches the ground? :) I can't call it a jetbike because that would change his rules. However, I do plan on mounting this low on a flying base.

He is made from an old Tech Marine on Jetbike and many 40k bits that I added to make him and the bike more techy and substantial. On the left side of the bike you'll notice my interpretation of a Conversion Beamer. I wasn't sure what this would look like but I thought it should be pretty big.

Anyways, I was hoping to get some feedback before I begin painting. I don't actually play Space Marines so I want to try to make him as chapter independent as possible so whoever ends up with this won't have to worry about too much repainting. I'm thinking metallics with red highlights. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the poor quality photos, I found it incredibly difficult to take decent photos of a black model.

·
Registered
416 Posts
There are jetbikes (what you called a hoverbike) that the imperium does use, they are just super rare as the technology is long dead and lost. Sammael, the master of the Ravenwing, rides around on one so it makes sense for a head tech marine to potentially have access.

I like the idea, but it looks like you have a lot of Eldar? bits in there. I kinda think an Imperial vehicle should be a bit more boxy but a paint job could easily fix that.

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I purposely didn't call this a jetbike because I didn't want to confuse the rules.

I actually chose to ues the Edlar pieces because I thought they would give him a more techy/futuristic look. The Imperial bits just seem too modern to me. What color would you suggest painting him to make him more Imperial?

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
If you want the colour scheme to be as chapter independent as possible, then a fairly dark red seems the way to go, since that is the 'codex' colour for techmarines, and it is conceivable that just about any chapter could have a techmarine with that colour armour. All anyone would have to do to make the model fit their chapter would be to paint a shoulder pad in their chapter heraldry.

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright.. so it took me a month but I finally stopped modelling long enough to paint this guy. I know I'm not the best painter, but I thought an update was in order. As you can see I went with the Red and gold/bronze/silver paints. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures but he is angled slightly as if he's leaning to strike with his hammer.

FYI: This is close to what it looked like before I began my conversion. Mine had a gun though. (Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, this is all I could find)

....and here he is painted

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So... what do you think? Did the paint job help it look "more Imperial" or does it still look like an old jetbike with a bunch of odd bits stuck to it?

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Meph. I'm glad it doesn't look that bad. I was trying to go for the ancient vehicle look.. but I hope I didn't end up going to far and it's a mess.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hafta say that its well done. Nice job. I like how its looks old and rusty, but at the same time like he could kill you be glancing your way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts