Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking (actually I'm going to) of converting a techmarine into a master of the forge. i looked at the codex entry and it says that you can replace his servo harness with a conversion beamer

can i still take a servo arm?

or does the removal of the harness mean that he doesnt have a servo arm.
in that case his close combat prowess is going to have to come from his servitors and that doesnt sund good.

and for anyone with any suggestions i want to paint as less flesh as possible :)

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
RAW the master of the forge does not have a servo-arm (without the servo-harness) as his equipment does not list one unlike the techmarine entry. But I believe this is actually an oversight. It does list the servo-arm in his description.

If you want the conversion beam you should be avoiding close combat anyhow, since not only will close combat keep you from shooting, but also will the enemy's proximity alone suffice to greatly reduce your firepower. I have had success with the conversion beam master of the forge on a space marine bike, so he can keep his distance.

I'm unfortunately not a good painter or conversionist, so I'll leave any advice on this issue to others. :)
(I just used a techmarine model and told my opponent that it's a master of the forge with conversion beam. Lame, I know.)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I saw a Conversion Beamer on the GW website that was a multi-melta with the barrel cut off, and a servo harness claw attached, he also had the las-cannon back pack (the thing with the funny pole on it) looked great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quick note, after alot of playtesting. :)

The Conversion Beam is best utilized if the MotF is on a bike.
It's been some really silly matches, trying to hunt down the chicken MotF while he blasts you to smitherines. (Move 12", shoot.. move 12", shoot.. ect ect)

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Quick note, after alot of playtesting. :)

The Conversion Beam is best utilized if the MotF is on a bike.
It's been some really silly matches, trying to hunt down the chicken MotF while he blasts you to smitherines. (Move 12", shoot.. move 12", shoot.. ect ect)
Couldn't agree more. That how I use him. 155pts so isn't cheap but often makes his point and then some.

·
3 Getrudes
1,710 Posts
Couldn't agree more. That how I use him. 155pts so isn't cheap but often makes his point and then some.
Unless he gets hit by a Lascannon, in which case he's done for :(

As far as converting him, you might want to use a Chaos Biker or Ravenwing Biker as the base so he stands out a bit, and as far as the Conversion Beamer goes there are no official examples of what they look like so you can do what you like with it, although starting with a Plasma Cannon might be an idea. Alternatively try using an Attack Bike; either remove the sidecar passenger and use the entire sidecar to house the Beamer, or alternatively make the passenger a Servitor whose job it is to fire the Beamer or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts