Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done reading Masters of Magic, which I thought was pretty cool. I liked the picture of the inner workings of the Colleges of Magic and all, and it made me think, "what kind of wizard would I be?". From what I understand, most wizards show a predisposition to a particular lore which decides what college he joins. So thats the topic of this post, if you were a wizard in the Empire, what college do you think you'd be for? Explanation would be cool too. Cheers :happy:

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I wonder how closely 'Realms of Sorcery' links with 'Masters of Magic?' I read the former a while ago, unfortunately I'm stretching my memory a little bit to remember all the attributes of the colleges.

I can't even remember the proper names, so I'm just going to have to go with one of two options.

I would probably be either a Metal Wizard (Golden College?) or in with the tree-hugging Lore of Life bunch (Jade college?)

Metal Wizard because I kind of like my science, and fiddling with alchemy and chemicals would be kind of fun.

Lore of Life because I kind of like the outdoors, and all those cute fuzzy forest creatures! :D

But then again, the other lores are all kind off cool as well. Fire (who doesn't love fire?), astronomy, death and shadow are sort of interesting in creepy, spooky ways... who knows?

Anyway, I hope I've got the names right. Incidentally, what wizard do you think you'd be, sonofslaanesh? Or dare I not ask?:X

·
Registered
191 Posts
For me is it eiter Lore of Beasts, or Lore of life. I'm sometimes agressive wich explains the beastie thing. The lore of Life, i just love trees( what do you expect from a wood elf player).

·
Registered
191 Posts
well fir me it has to be either shadow or beast. shadow because it would be sweet to be able to turn in to fog and just disappear and reappear. and beast because i love aniamals like how wouldn't want to beable to comunitcate with animals and tell them to defend you

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Id be from the Lore of fire, being a soldier myself this appeals to me as the most martial type of wiz kid!

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
For me it'd have to be the Lore of Light as I'm mostly calm and generally strive to be a good person even though I generally play Chaos and such. Not saying this as a boast, I do feel that Light fits my personality best (as opposed to Fire, I've calmed down a lot though and I may once have said this).

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Just got done reading Masters of Magic, which I thought was pretty cool. I liked the picture of the inner workings of the Colleges of Magic and all, and it made me think, "what kind of wizard would I be?". From what I understand, most wizards show a predisposition to a particular lore which decides what college he joins. So thats the topic of this post, if you were a wizard in the Empire, what college do you think you'd be for? Explanation would be cool too. Cheers :happy:
So is that a black library book?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great responses so far! As for me, I think I'd be a Pyromancer (Bright College) or maybe even an Alchemist (Gold College). I have a fiery personality, I love destruction, and who doesn't love blowing things up? Also, I like the semi-scientific aspects of the Gold College.

Lets keep these great replies going! ;Y

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
I'm rather torn on the subject, but id probally either be fire or death. I play chaos so *shrug* Maybe heavans.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would end up as a Jade mage(Wind of Gyhran for the win). I love that lore and the idea of plants and trees, the rocks the winds and streams being at my beck and call. Perhaps Death but I would most likely end up as a necromnacer, I shouldn't be trusted around Amthyest magic.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I shouldn't be trusted around Amethyst magic.
Yeah, I can't imagine myself ever being a 'proper' mage - once I got my hands on a bit of magic, I'd either explode something that shouldn't be exploded or just muck around with it too much. I'm guessing the colleges of magic are not really the place for practical jokes!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'd probably end up using the Heavens Lore. Having the sky itself at my beck and call and such, who doen't want to move a comet to blow apart their enemies? If not Heavens, I might end up in the lore of Light. I'm a pretty relaxed guy and enjoy helping others before killing my enemies.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I hardly dare not imagine what my up bringing in the Old World would have been like.

Son of a Albion mother and Bretonian father, infused with natural magical skills living with the fear of being taken away by a servant of the Fay Enchantress. I think I would have fled to the Empire when my skills started to manifest. Hoping to make it to the colleges of magic before my powers or a Witch Hunter ended me. Depending on my mother's school of magic, as either a Dark Emissary or Truth Sayer I could fall on to either path way, knowing my mother she was a Dark Emissary. Seeing that the Winds of Chaos are natural to me yet in an abhorrent form I would probably be destroyed by the Masters of the Colleges.

If I escaped and with my natural inclinations, some would say un-natural, I would seek out powerful dark magic users. As I am vain about my appearance, in so much as I don't wish be a spawn or suffer terrible mutations, I would seek a Vampire as a master to teach me magic and hopefully grant me the Blood Kiss.

(if i was only allowed take from the eight empire lores, Fire is too "showy", Light and Celestial are too studious, Death would get me negative looks, Nature is too hippy and Alchemy is just science really. I'd be a roaming Grey Wizard or go all Animal like)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Gimme all of them. It would'nt realy matter which lore I chose realy becuase either way I would end up blowing the wrong thing up (aka my head.) But if I had to choose one then either hippinesss, big ole angry animal, goth or pyromaniac.

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
Dude, I'd so be into WAAAGH! magic.

Seriously though, I'd definately go with Light. I prefer the role of a negotiator. Destruction, mystery, and science just don't really reach to me that much.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lore of beasts.

seriously who wouldn't want to turn into a bear and devour their enemies.
Also for whatever reason animals seem to have a natural understanding to do as i say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.