Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search on this topic, but couldn't find anything.

is there a MC Devourer? If not, what are you guys using for your Hive Tyrants/Carnifexes/Warriors? Just gaunt devourers?

Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well the tyrant sprue does not come with devourer guns (as far as I am aware). However on the carnifex sprue you get 2 devourer guns (because they can only take them in pairs). However you can use the normal gaunt devourers without too much trouble.
Also, if you wish, take a gaunt devourer gun - cut off the cone end and then, using a little bit of greenstuff, attack this to a deathpitter barrle - and there you go a deavourer - with a longer barrle, but a devouerer.

(note I also do this for my warriors - the conversion allows me to swap between deathspitters and devourers for different armies - saves on models)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also, if you wish, take a gaunt devourer gun - cut off the cone end and then, using a little bit of greenstuff, attack this to a deathpitter barrle - and there you go a deavourer - with a longer barrle, but a devouerer.
I took this advice on my latest Tyrant and it looks great. I would recommend it over using the tiny gaunt guns.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi, I am in the progress of making my first 40k army which happens to be nids!

For my Monstrous Creature devourers I am using the carnifex crushing claws with claws removed and back to back devourer "nozzles". Suitably chunky for a fex and definately twin linked and dangerous looking. To me it looks better than the normal devourers that can make fexes look weedy as if they are suffering from T-rex syndrome.

·
815 Posts
If you want to "beef up" your guns but want to avoid buying a whole carnifex, checkout battlewagonbits for, well, bits. (BattleWagon BITS Home Page) I've used them in the past for nid bits.

(Tyranid Carnifex Bits) for carnifex bits. Unfortunatly they don't currently have the devourer bits. :0 You cuold get some of the deathspitters and just attach devourer heads to them. Hmmm, thinking of doing that myself...

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
To create devourers for monstrous creatures is fairly easy. You can use the venom cannon or barbed strangler to do it. Just cut off the weapon barrel of the larger gun and take some devourer cones and glue them together. If you glue several devourer cones together it will look bigger and more nasty. You can then glue the devourer cones to the weapon and say it is a twinlinked devourer.

Here is a link to a Carnifex of mine (Toxifex) that has a twinlinked deathspitter made in much the same way.

Image of Toxifex. - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used a barbed strangler for it and glued three deathspitter barrels together. All that was needed to finish it off was a little green stuff the fill in the gaps. The same thing can be done with a devourer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just have have to cut in here and say: that is not only a great idea for a gun, but also one of the best Carnifex models I have ever seen; Brilliant job on the painting and modelling there Leech

·
Registered
6 Posts
When Modeling my DakkaFex I took the MC Deathspitters and cut off the barrel and a small amount of the handle. I then took extra warrior/gaunt devourers and cut them leaving a little bit of the handle on (right about the part where you see small fingers connect) and glued the two pieces together at the 'hands'. If you do this correctly (at about a 45 degree angle) you can make MC devourer arms that 1) look very similar to the ones it comes with and 2) are at an angle that allows you to fit 4 arms on the model. With the devourers pointing slightly upwards, it allows the arm to form a tight 'L' shape, so it doesnt bump into the front arms.

Looks very cool, I'll have to post some pics.

-g

1 - 9 of 9 Posts