Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i am playing 2 games against a BT army: combat patrol and 1k. any tactics against BT appreciated, here is my list:

CP:
7 guardians, starcannon
7 guardians, starcannon
6 guardians
5 guardians
vyper, CTM, STarcannon
total: 395

1k:
seer council:
+ mind war
+ 2x Singing Spears
+ 3ccw's
+ 3 pistols
+ embolden
+ augment
=182

14 guardians, starcannon -162
12 guardians -96
6 'scorpions, exarcg w/ stealth + 'claw, all w/ grenades -180
vyper w/ starcannon, CTM
wraithlord w/ BL

he will arrive soon, i have never beaten him please help!!

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Combat patrol seems excellent, heh 3 starcannons, just watch out for their charge, when you kill them a lot.

1k list:

Singing spears on your seer council? You want to anti tank? if so, then its ok. Otherwise ditch them.

Scorpions, so useless, low unit size, overloaded with exarch skills and nades, 6 are not going to effective to go on par by itself against Bt. i'd ditch them.

CC is not an answer for you.

CTM on vypers, if you are going to get murdered that bad then yes field that. If not take it out.

I'd say get a falcon (if you have one)

or more vypers equipped, or 2nd wraithlord.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, to work with i have:
2 farseers
3 warlocks
40 guardians
2 heavy platforms (BL, SC and scatter lasesrs)
9 scorps + exarch
6 'spiders + exarch
8 banshees + exarch
3 rangers
falcon
wave serpent
vyper
3 wraithlords
d-cannon

how 'bout this?
seer council:
+ mind war
+ 2x Singing Spears
+ 3ccw's
+ 3 pistols
+ embolden
+ augment
=182

12 guardians -96
vyper w/ starcannon, CTM -95
falcon w/ starcannon, holo-field -180
wraithlord w/ BL

the seer council is anti- tank and character, as i lack elsewhere.

anything ewlse i should chjange?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I also have a friend who plays black templar. Typically he has an annointed land raider crusader carrying his hq squad @[email protected] supported by tatical squad and maybe the odd dreadnought or terminator squad in higher point games.

If your friend uses a land raider, it justifies the scorpions, otherwise drop them.

I'm assuming your 2 starcannon squads are black guardians.
Where are your warlocks for the guardian squads?? You need conceal otherwise you will never get an armour save and he'll be able wipe out your starcannons almost effortlessly.
Use the 12 guardians by themselves as a speed bump(I'm actually kinda torn on this one. One part of me wants more scorps and the other part wants more meat to keep those nasty black templars away from the council). I really wish this squad had a starcannon, but from the looks pf your list you don't own another one at the moment.

I'd say the biggest thing is to get the warlocks mentioned earlier. I like your new list much better even if it doesn't have warlocks in the guardian squads.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK< i have received word from him that it will be 750 points instead of 1k. what sort of list should i take, i've never played 750 before.
thanks for the help so far.
PS- the non-starcannon squad is there so that it will be harder to shoot and asault my starcannons, as BT have a -1 when shooting non-closest target and have to assault the closest squad if they can.

EDIT: here is my first 750 point.
seer council w/ mindwar, fortune, 2 augments, 5CCW, 5SP.
14 B guardians + starcannon
14 B guardians + starcannon
12 guardians
wraithlord w/ B. lance
vyper w/ starcannon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts