Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. After a long Warhammer 40k withdrawal, I have returned to the ways of the Greater Good :)

I haven't done a lot with Tau in a long time, so this list might be a little... eh.
Anyways...

HQ:
Shas'o : Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Multi Tracker, Shield Generator: 133 Points

Elites:
2x Shas'ui: Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi Tracker: 130 Points
2x Shash'ui: TL Fusion Blaster, Target Lock: 106 Points Points

6 Stealth Suits: 180 Points

Troops:
12 Firewarriors + Devilfish (Decoy Launchers) 205 Points
12 Firewarriors + Devilfish (Decoy Launchers) 205 Points
8 Firewarriors :80 Points

Kroot Carnivore Squad: 10x Carnivores : 70 Points
Kroot Carnivore Squad: 10x Carnivores : 70 Points

Heavy Support:
Hammerhead: Ion Cannon, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers: 155 points
Hammerhead: Railgun, Burst cannon, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers :165 Points

TOTAL :1499 Points :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
Shas'o : Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Multi Tracker, Shield Generator: 135 Points
this hq is illegal even if you hardwire the multitracker as its got 5 hardpoints and the points cost is off, easiest way around this is to not twin link the fusion blaster as its a waste of points, how many times are you going to roll a 1 I prsonally dont use a shield generator, instead i join him with an elite crisis squad

Elites:
2x Shas'ui: Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi Tracker: 65 Points
2x Shash'ui: Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi Tracker: 65 Points
is this one squad or two because it would be 130pts for 2 fireknives anyway il take it as two squads so I would change 1 squad to Tl fusion 2 target locks this is beacause 1 squad of fireknives will be fine, but two unspecialized squads dont do enough damage for there cost so you need an anti tank in there, thes configs will cost 236pts

6 Stealth Suits: 180 Points
this is a good squad, can kill a fair ammount, this is what i use

12 Firewarriors + Devilfish (Disruption Pod, Decoy Launchers) 210 Points
12 Firewarriors + Devilfish (Disruption Pod, Decoy Launchers) 210 Points
12 Firewarriors :120 Points
disruption pod is a total waste, your devilfishes will definately be within 30" so the lascannons and missile launchers pointing at it will still be within range, the 3rd fire squad isnt mech so if you want full mech drop it, but it is ok in hybrid

Kroot Carnivore Squad: 16x Carnivores, 8x Hounds: 160 Points
drop the hound there a waste of points, kroot are only 1 point more and they have guns aswell

Hammerhead: Ion Cannon, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod, Decoy Launchers: 160 points
Hammerhead: Railgun, Burst cannon, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod, Decoy Launchers : 170 Points
target lock is a must , however disruption pods are a personal choice as they can be effective depeding on board size, they are a complete waste on aboard size of 4ft or under
i would put them bothe to railguns

so to summarize
1.change tl fusion to just fusion drop shiled generator-27pts
2. change 1 crisis squad to tl fusion blaster and target locks-24pts
3.drop decoy lanchers from the two devilfishes add 2 shas'ui ad multitrackers to devilfishes+30pts
3 drop 3rd fire warrior squad if you want full mech-120
4 drop kroot hounds and put 2 squads of 11kroot-6pts
5 add target locks and sms to 2nd hammerhead+15
6 change to same config as 2nd hammerhead+25

with these changes you list will be 1498pts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
edited :)

Hmm.. times sure have changed. Tau people have totally different strategies now, or maybe I'm just stupid.

target lock is a must , however disruption pods are a personal choice as they can be effective depeding on board size, they are a complete waste on aboard size of 4ft or under
i would put them bothe to railguns
Anyways, keeping I'm keeping cannon for marines, and I could change the weapons if I need too. Disruptions Pods are going off when I play with my friends as well.

drop the hound there a waste of points, kroot are only 1 point more and they have guns aswell
made 2 squads of 10

is this one squad or two because it would be 130pts for 2 fireknives anyway il take it as two squads so I would change 1 squad to Tl fusion 2 target locks this is beacause 1 squad of fireknives will be fine, but two unspecialized squads dont do enough damage for there cost so you need an anti tank in there, thes configs will cost 236pts
Sorry, my fault forgot to apply the other two battlesuits. I changed both anyways.

this hq is illegal even if you hardwire the multitracker as its got 5 hardpoints and the points cost is off, easiest way around this is to not twin link the fusion blaster as its a waste of points, how many times are you going to roll a 1 I prsonally dont use a shield generator, instead i join him with an elite crisis squad
Changed :) I wanted to see if TL would work but i guess not. My fault my fault.

·
Registered
237 Posts
right it looks fairly good except without target locks your hammerheads second gun wont shoot, if you can use it well i think it should work, youve got 4 anti-tank in the 3 crisis and railhead, i think that should be enough depending on your playing style, especially since youve got 5 things that can take out light armour easily.
Youve got a fair ammount of marine killers with your 2 fireknives and the ionhead, and youve got a nice big batch of kroot, and a big s table fire base so it should do quite well

·
Registered
574 Posts
I don't really have much to tell you about your list but I do have some advice for you. If I were you, I would wait to make my list until the new Tau Codex comes out next month ont he third. t will have a bunch of new stuff and so will probably dramatically change your list. Jut my opinion. I would actually reccommend just wait for the new codex and then change your list.

--smguy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bloodthirst said:
please try and add up the points more carefully, your 80 pts short, which is better than being 80 pts over i suppose, but anyway these are my ideas for you 80pts.
I checked. You probably didn't add something. Maybe the FireWarrior Squad?

I am gonna wait, I just wanted to test out some army lists since I haven't been playing in a long time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.