You only have one unit of fire warriors
Too many points spent on your HQ here - that's a good 622 points on six models. Youch. I would recommend dropping the Shas'vre Bodyguards because they get rid of the Shas'Os' Independent Character status, which is invaluable for staying away from the enemy shooting.squall14 said:Shas'o & 2 Shas'vre w/ Plasma=+missile+fusion+HW Multi 311
Shas'o & 2 Shas'vre w/ Plasma=+missile+fusion+HW Multi 311
The Stealths were fine. This, however, is illegal. You must fill all three hard points - so, that Shas'vre is illegal. Then, you don't need Multi-Trackers because you only have a single weapon. As said, a Target Lock would be a better investment. You don't need the Shas'vre upgrade for this.. nor even a Team Leader upgrade. Make sure you read your codex thoroughly for the rules on this.squall14 said:Shas'vre w/ TL Missile+Plasma+HW Multi, 2 Shas'ui w/ TL Missile+Multi 199
As said, again, this is an illegal list because you need at least two Troops choices - you only have one, which is this Fire Warriors squad. The squad itself is fine (keep them with Pulse Rifles for max effectiveness), but the Target Lock on that Devilfish is un-needed, as it only has a single weapon.squall14 said:12 Fire warriors 120
'Fish w/Multi+Target+Decoys 100
It could be a Target Lock...Phase Out said:Nemesis seems to know his stuff too, so I won't contradict him.
BUT....I believe his Fish had a TARGETING ARRAY, not a TARGET LOCK, in which case this is a good investment. I always take every develfish exactly like this.
Also, I hate using Independent Character status as it just doesn't make sense to me (what do you mean he can't be shot at? HE'S RIGHT THERE!:angry. However, It is legal and extremely usefull and almost every other player I know uses it at times. So if you don't have a lot of experience I would definitely go w/ his suggestions for the HQ's. As we both said they are about 1/3 of your points and this is a BIG investment at 2000 pts.
The Devilfish, firstly, does not count as a Troops choice. It is a dedicated Transport and, to keep things simple, it counts as a single Troops choice, combined with the squad it was bought for. So, you still only have one Troops choice.squall14 said:ok...thanks for your suggestions and corrections. i would now like to explain my list further.
thanks for all your help, and i hope these points explain your queries.
- phase out is right, they were supposed to be target locks, that was a typo
- the idea with taking many stealths was to replace the Fire warriors, as they are quite mobile and need no fishs to be mobile.
- with having my elites taken up by stealth, i needed more room for crisis. the only and not the most point efficient way to do this was Commanders.
- i DO have two troop choices: a)Fire warriors and b)a devilfish
- i realised my HQs were over priced after i finished writing the list, but i couldn't be bothered to change them after all that work...that's where you come in to advise... i was thinking about just having an El & 2Vre w/ Helios to free up points for more FWs
- as i remember, a TL weapon fills two hard points...
- i will take the Multi & Targetting array off the Fish to free up points (i really don't need them)
- if there is spare points, i will drop one squad of drones for a Railhead