Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
First post, woohoo!

Personally I'm going mechanized for board/crowd control. I plan to quite literally dominate every table with my (planned) 8 transports.

This will do the following:
Give me fast transport for slow troops and their short-range weaoinry.
Provide me with mobile cover.
Give me a means of diverting and 'shepherding' enemy troops and vehicle where I like, bringing them in range first for my stormtrooper+arbite meatshields.

Basically I have a big, mobile alleyway of flaming death.

Only problems I foresee is cluttery maps and heaps of trashed rhinos blocking the fresh ones in the back. But then I have to expect conflicts, I'm tooling my army specifically for enemy troop control.

· Registered
38 Posts
Cheredanine said:
Welcome to the boards and the little backwater that is witch hunters, but is infact a bunch of ex eldar reprobates who felt banshees were not sexy enough, or in plagues case, a pyromaniac who can not bear to have vehicles without flamers available to him.

OK 8 transports is 2000 points, no other way to slice it

Why take stormies/arbities when you can take sisters? better in all respects
Yeah I always go big with armies. I'm starting small for certain (only got 500 points so far) and it won't be totally mechanized to start with. Mostly it is in response to getting my butt repeatedly handed to me by my brother (he plays Orks magnificently, I am a so-so Emperor's Children player),

As for stormies and Arbites? Mostly the look. Stat-wise they're only minorly less effctive, it's the weapon choices that hurt. I HAD to go with a squad of arbites though. Especially now with my half-done Rhino converted into a SWAT-style police tank with working red&blue lights. :p

· Registered
38 Posts
Oh I can understand. I'm basically using the stormies and arbites as meat shields for my sister + dominion squads. They would be better if they were cheaper and make more sense, but then half of this army I've noticed is style over tactics (Inquisitors, for instance).

Basically I'm adapting my army becayse initially I was going to play pure inquisition or pure SoB. But I have to do both. I'll play test them once they're more finished and I'm sure my wonderfully painted Kasrkin models will be left by the table edge most games. :p And that's okay.

But anyway, on topic: I still prefer mechanized. Foot slogging is always good against certain armies (necrons and mob Orks) but they're a death sentence against Tau and more than likely DE.

· Registered
38 Posts
Rasheem said:
I'll play test them once they're more finished and I'm sure my wonderfully painted Kasrkin models will be left by the table edge most games. :p And that's okay.
I have to be a little showy, forgive me. Thought I'd share these pics.

IST 'Omega Unit'

I love the freehand 'BOOM' on the Grenadier's shoulderpad.

And one of my Arbites...

None of these are fully based and I'm by no means a psycho painter of exceptional quality. But the IST look really good and I managed to make the arbites look like Judge Dredd. ;)

· Registered
38 Posts
Well I got my first chance to field them today. The ISTs did alright, but it was IST vs ISTs both in heavy cover. Mostly came down to luck.

The Arbites however kicked much butt. I had them walking alongisde a rhino as it scraped against the building the enemy troops were holed up in. Despite being picked down to 5 troops by a Vindicare, they swung around, fired point blank into the squad and then charged, obliterating them. Shotguns = love on lightly armored, low toughness troops.

So long as I fight rank&file and not mechanized heavies armies, they'll do good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.