Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished painting my IG Mechanized infantry army and it occures to me that I have no idea how to use it. My regular opponent uses nyds, and so the idea of advancing into their rending claws seems unappealing.
the army is one HQ, 1 Infantry platood (1 Command section and two squads), 1 Armoured fist squad, the option of 5 ogryns or ten storm troopers, all mounted in chimeras, and 2 leman russ, 1 basalist, and 3 sentinals.

I would be open to surgestion if anyone has ever tried mech infantry. My regular oppnent is also planning a Ulthae strike force, so any tips here would be helpful.

·
Registered
278 Posts
First of all, if you have a Mech. Co. you have to put the Infantry Platoon and HQ in Chimeras. Second, you should buy more tanks and start an Armoured Co. and pound the Tyranids before they reach you. The list you made up is a good Infantry Co., put them into Chimeras and you have a good Mech. Co., buy 2 more tanks and you have an Armoured Co., just plan it out right. You can find rules for Armoured Co. in Chapter Approved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.