Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone, I'm a tyranid player and just played a tournament this arvo (against WH) and had a question...

I'm sorry I can't remember the name but in my opponents retinue for the Inquisitor there was some sort of medic that could take a wound away every round of combat.

This seemed pretty good but can they negate rending hits as well???
Thanks for the help :)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
rending hits effectively cause a wound, this is no different from any other wound, it doesnt instakill so no reason why anything that can operate on a wound would not take effect unless it specifically states it does not effect wounds caused by things that ignore armour saves

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats all I needed to know.
Cheers :yes:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
if he's only got one then the rending hit couldn't be ignored however if he's got two then theres nothin that can't be ignored

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
What models do you use for a medic in the Inquisitorial retinue? Sister Hospitaler does not seem to be availiable for order, at least I do not see it. SM medic is not in-sync with other WH units (looks-wise), same really with IG medic. Custom model then???

I did see a lot of suitable models outside of GW range (DarkAge notably has some great models) but I want to stay GW Store legal...

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
dont use and =][=. In the olden day (pre codex WH, you could get sisters hospitaler/dialogue and fabulous in the HQmuch the same way as you can get medics/apothacaries/standard bearers in other HQs, in those days you used the standard sisters models. nowerdays they lack the stats and armour to be allowed sisters models so you ar looking at conversions

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Cheredanine said:
dont use and =][=. In the olden day (pre codex WH, you could get sisters hospitaler/dialogue and fabulous in the HQmuch the same way as you can get medics/apothacaries/standard bearers in other HQs, in those days you used the standard sisters models. nowerdays they lack the stats and armour to be allowed sisters models so you ar looking at conversions
Well, I know that the =][= are not really popular choices (I read most of the related topics), but I want to go for the fluff rather than a real competitive force... I want to have three shooty servitors (Plasma Cannon, 2 Heavy Bolters), two sages and either "medic" or acolyte.

I am looking at doing one Necromuda model with Fabius' needler instead of a sword swap...

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
the following are a good dource of minis for conversions:

Mordenhiem, blood bowl, elves/eldar and as you say, necro, pick a mini and go for it, bear in mind they got 4+ saves, conventionaly this is carapace armour

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hang on a sec.... From Plague's post-
Situation was that he had one hospitalier in the retinue and I scored 3 rending hits against them. She took one away and she kept taking them away every turn.

What happens in this situation?? They lasted longer than any other unit I've ever come up against in close combat...

In response to the model q's. I'm pretty sure he had a model from the WH Inq and Retinue.
They definitely weren't what you see is what you get though... Everyone in his retinue had power armour and none of the models did. But thats okay

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
no if hes only got one then he can only ignore a single wound but he can't ignore low ap, double toughness or attacks that ignore armour save until hes got two in his ret.

so in your situation wheres he's only got one then he CANNOT ignore a rending hit as it ignores armour saves.

and for the record a augar model or sister of sigmar with a laspistol is the best way to represent the sister hospitalizer

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
I did not find a suitable Power Armour model for the retinue yet. For now I am going with what comes with the WH army range and will be informing about the discrepencies in WYSIWYG rule, but it definitivly is a problem for =][= players... If only we could use other models.... meaning other manufacturers...

What do you think about the Black Templar Sword Bretheren (no helmets) as power armored Acolytes?

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Plague.
I was wondering about that...

·
867 Posts
SmokWawelski said:
What models do you use for a medic in the Inquisitorial retinue? Sister Hospitaler does not seem to be availiable for order, at least I do not see it. SM medic is not in-sync with other WH units (looks-wise), same really with IG medic. Custom model then???

I did see a lot of suitable models outside of GW range (DarkAge notably has some great models) but I want to stay GW Store legal...
Yes there is a Sister Hospitaller miniature (also known as a Chirurgeon), I have two of them. Here is her part #

(9947010804504)

She is modeled with 6+ save armor, has a laspistol and close combat weapon.
It retails as part of the Witch Hunter and Retinue box set. I purchased the figues separately.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i thought ya could only acquire her if you buy the box set, plus that model is butt ugly i still say mordheim sister preferebly an augar

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Yeeesssss!!!

Lovely, that's what she is!
How come I did not find her doing the search by her name?!?
Anyhow, I like that model a lot - going to order it ASAP.
:yes:

As far as the armor - can she even take any upgrades?
Witchunter retinue figures would have to be customized almost all the time, if you'd want to run a true WYSIWYG army - too expensive if you ask me - I hope for some relaxed GW store people whe I show up to play :)

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
no if hes only got one then he can only ignore a single wound but he can't ignore low ap, double toughness or attacks that ignore armour save until hes got two in his retinue
Actually ranged attacks that ignore your save still can be saved by one medic. Its only CC attacks that ignore your save that can't be saved(and any weapon with double your T).

Furthermore almost all Inquisitor henchmen are ther to make the inquisitor better, they aren't meant to be a command squad so I don't see why they should be allowed to take wargear. The acolytes have that disticnt bonus and thats plenty enough.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
and acolytes ARE the only ones who can take wargear what's ur point?

if ur counting warriors then don't cus they are options not in the armoury

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, the bloke I was playing against had the whole retinue given power armour. So that isn't legal?

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Nope. Only the inquisitor or possibly his acolytes could get better than a 4+ save.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts