Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
My reasoning is if your taking a power klaw and the boss is in a vehicle (trukk/battlewagon) why not pay the few additional points to get the mega armor and a shoota. Makes sense to me. I use the philosphy runs the same for Nobs also. This draws out of my Nobs/Warboss are converted out of Terminator armor.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Its a common problem deciding whether or not to use Mega Armour on your Warboss. Mega Armour seems like the obvious choice because for being only 5pts higher than a Power claw, it also provides a 2+ save and a shoota. The only problem with that package is that you HAVE to keep the shoota, or upgrade it a little bit, but you will never get the extra close combat attack from having 2 one-handed close combat weapons, and with the warboss you are aiming for lots of pain with the claw.

On the Mega Armour's defense, the Warboss is often in a trukk or battlewagon as an independent character in a group of 'ard boys, skarboys, slugga boys or whatever... and they are vulnerable to being singled out by enemies and a 2+ save can really prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow thanks for all the tips but im still not sure if i should put him in mega armour. He'd be all slow and i have to keep the shoota, but on the other hand if he doesnt have mega armour hes pretty easy to kill.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If you are smart about where you put the Warboss when you engage in combat, you can limit attacks upon him to basic troopers attacks. Place him on the other side of the melee from the powerfist sergeant, or the suped up HQ. Any attacks that are sent to the boss still wont have a huge effect if he is wearing 'eavy armour, and he still is T4 with 3 wounds.

·
Registered
577 Posts
As a random aside, I could have sworn that Independent characters in Mega-armour were allowed to reroll failed difficult terrain checks in 4th Ed. Is that jsut me being a moron again?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think your correct, independant characters may be able to re-roll difficult terrain checks. But i don't think this would apply to general movement unless moving through terrain??

On a side note in a game vs a Ulthwe (regular Ulthwe not strike force) player today my Warboss and Nob Retinue (3) in mega armor stomp through a Wraithlord and the "Seer Council of Doom" my opponent brought in consecutive turns. I lost a mek boy in the process by that's what he was there for. 300 pts took down my opponents 100+ Wraithlord and
350+ seer council... seemed like a good investment to me. Down side they spent the remainder of the game chasing after those pesky guardians in my opponents deployment zone...stupid fast guardians

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You can't have a retinue of 3 nobs :x

·
900 Posts
Bruiser117 said:
You can't have a retinue of 3 nobs :x
Chances are the others had already been shot....

Anyway as the armor question goes. I usually don't give mine any, but now that i think of it it's not that bad a deal. Bah, I rather like my footslogger boss the way he is. Put all the aforementioned are good reasons to go out and mega-armor up da boss and his mob 0 nobz

·
Registered
577 Posts
MouseC112 said:
I think your correct, independant characters may be able to re-roll difficult terrain checks. But i don't think this would apply to general movement unless moving through terrain??
Well, that's where it gets tricky. You wear mega-armour, you count as being in difficult terrain. That's what has always left me wondering. Thanks for your time on it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
citybeatnik said:
As a random aside, I could have sworn that Independent characters in Mega-armour were allowed to reroll failed difficult terrain checks in 4th Ed. Is that jsut me being a moron again?
Looking at the rule book, you don't reroll the dice, but you do get an extra D6 for your difficult terrain rolls. (As per the 'move through cover' special ability, see pages 50 and 75) Although perhaps not quite as useful as rerolling, this is a new consideration I think for most ork players, putting the odds of getting a normal movement up to one in two, and to 75% for getting at least five inches.

·
Registered
577 Posts
darkhand said:
Looking at the rule book, you don't reroll the dice, but you do get an extra D6 for your difficult terrain rolls. (As per the 'move through cover' special ability, see pages 50 and 75) Although perhaps not quite as useful as rerolling, this is a new consideration I think for most ork players, putting the odds of getting a normal movement up to one in two, and to 75% for getting at least five inches.
That was actually what I was thinking of, actually. It's also useful for a warboss on a supercyboar (since you lose the model if you roll a one [the damn thing beats its head against a rock until both it and the model dies!], it helps prevent that from happening.
Hmm... would turbo boostas for mega armour be that useful for a warboss then? Since you're already getting a bonus die?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.