Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always find something new to question every time I go consult the book for something else. This time this little passage caught my eye. In the special attacks section, that details power fists, close combat weapons, etc; it mentions that models that are not within base to base contact only get to attack with basic attacks.

With how I read this, it would seem that if you have some Orc Nob with a power claw within 2" of a model in base to base with the enemy, he would not be able to use his claw, but a normal attack.

Or another example, a unit of Harlequins attack a squad but only one is in base to base and the others are 2"+ inches away. The means only the first model may use rending.

Or another example, a unit of Banshees attack a squad; only the models in base to base get to use their power weapons.

Did I miss something entirely here? Was there some clarification made after this that I'm forgetting? This opens up a whole new can of worms with melee fighting. Someone tell me I'm overlooking some important detail, because this would be about as annoying as the wound allocation rumours in 5th.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
What page are you looking at?

And just to sound doubly daft, you have got the current rulebook...right?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You made me question myself... which is a good thing. I will go double check which one I was looking at and provide more specific information when I can. (Later today no doubt)

Yep, previous rule book... oh thank god they fixed that messy rule. Huzza! Now I don't have to freak out until the 5th ed book comes out.

I wonder if anyone every played with that rule...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes. There were some serious problems.

Case in point: 30 hommagaunts bunch around a line of termies. They all get their attacks, but the wounds carry through to every other memeber of the square. Only one termi gets their attacks back, and 1 gets a supporting attack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.