Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Doable, but tricky and not easy to play against competitive lists. Loads of fun though! I am going to use 12 Penitent Engines lead by Karamazov this weekend (aginst Orks in a Apocalypse-ish game) 8X

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
just a thought.....

a canoness with litanies + blessed weapon, attached to a 10 strong celestian squad with power wpn armed veteran, joined by a priest with power weapon, being followed by an inquisitor with a mandate..

if you dont see where this is going....

use mandate, charge with the group.. use divine guidance then use the passion with the litanies... basically equates to...

5 I6 S5 power weapon attacks, re roll misses
27 S3 attacks that hit on 3+, re roll misses, and 6's to wound count as power weapons
5 I6 S3 power weapon attacks that hit on 3+ and re roll misses
and finally 5 more S3 I6 power weapon attacks that re roll misses.

just a crazy idea ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That brings up an interesting topic. I was looking into something along the lines of

Witchhunter + Zealots + inducted guard army... any opinions or example lists for such an army? The zealots give a lot of potential for melee combat... especially when it comes to carrying eviscerators and the like... Any opinions would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I actually play an army like this and have only lost once so yes there doable arcos are a must a canoness with jump pack and cloak with weapons of your preference (myn are eviscerator and plasma pistol) and inquisitor kitted how you prefer you do need fire support so i take at least one sisters squad and 2 storm troopers squads one with 2 plasma guns and one with 2 meltas assasins are good and fanatics it's also nice to have imperial gaurd to soak up the fire and dish out some seraphim of course are a must with 2 inferno pistols to deal with tanks and and an eviscerator veteran preferably 2 squads of these I haven't use penitents yet but plan to and you can choose to have a excorcist i don't find them essential since I don't play players with many tanks because (there aren't much in New Zealand). Other then that you just need to find your style of play with Witch Hunters.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That brings up an interesting topic. I was looking into something along the lines of

Witchhunter + Zealots + inducted guard army... any opinions or example lists for such an army? The zealots give a lot of potential for melee combat... especially when it comes to carrying eviscerators and the like... Any opinions would be most appreciated.
Would be cool, but remember you need two troops choices before you can field inducted guard, leaving you with only four slots for your zealots and your guard. ISTs would be fluffy enough basic troops choices though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually play an army like this and have only lost once so yes there doable arcos are a must a canoness with jump pack and cloak with weapons of your preference (myn are eviscerator and plasma pistol) and inquisitor kitted how you prefer you do need fire support so i take at least one sisters squad and 2 storm troopers squads one with 2 plasma guns and one with 2 meltas assasins are good and fanatics it's also nice to have imperial gaurd to soak up the fire and dish out some seraphim of course are a must with 2 inferno pistols to deal with tanks and and an eviscerator veteran preferably 2 squads of these I haven't use penitents yet but plan to and you can choose to have a excorcist i don't find them essential since I don't play players with many tanks because (there aren't much in New Zealand). Other then that you just need to find your style of play with Witch Hunters.
No offense... but what?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I recall doesn't one "imperial guard" troop slot count as several platoons of imperial guard? Meaning you get a fair bit as far as numbers. Additionally when using an ally can you draw troops from their elites? Just outa curiousity?

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
If you take Daemon Hunters as an 'ally' they have the same chart as the one on p25 in WH, so you can have 0-1 elite. When taking inducted guard/allied marines you are restricted to the selections on p26.

A single guard platoon is 3-6 squads, one of which is the LT and his retinue.

·
Registered
358 Posts
just a thought.....

a canoness with litanies + blessed weapon, attached to a 10 strong celestian squad with power wpn armed veteran, joined by a priest with power weapon, being followed by an inquisitor with a mandate..

if you dont see where this is going....

use mandate, charge with the group.. use divine guidance then use the passion with the litanies... basically equates to...

5 I6 S5 power weapon attacks, re roll misses
27 S3 attacks that hit on 3+, re roll misses, and 6's to wound count as power weapons
5 I6 S3 power weapon attacks that hit on 3+ and re roll misses
and finally 5 more S3 I6 power weapon attacks that re roll misses.

just a crazy idea ;)
Even crazier diea: Give that priest and VSS eviscerators instead of power weapons, and give the inquisitor a combat servitor retinue and maybe some power weapon acolytes if you have the points.

I think the WH list can be OK at close combat, but I think that any WH player should use the large amounts of bolter fire to help soften up the enemy. A celestian sqaud doesn't have much chance of defeating a SM assault squad when point costs are equal. But if that squad was weakened by some rapid firing bolters and appropriate use of acts of faith, they stand a good chance.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Even crazier diea: Give that priest and VSS eviscerators instead of power weapons, and give the inquisitor a combat servitor retinue and maybe some power weapon acolytes if you have the points.
If you go with eviscerators might as well use p*mp slap of the emperor isntead of the passion :| but no no on the combat servitors since that inquisitor cant move when he reveals his mandate :?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well to be honest I was mostly curious, looking into making a 40k Beastmen Unit and trying to find which army gives me thee best viability/fluff/legality for a counts as army...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.