Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Little weapons in wh40k have an AP1.
The new rulebook specifies that AP1 weaponry have a special bonus damage on vehicles. It's easier for them to glance on an internal hit on the damage type table. This is the case of a MeltaGun.

How is does this rule affect the Monolith? If a Monolith is hit by a Melta Gun will it have less chances of surviving than being hit by a lasser cannon?

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah, sorry, i know what you mean and i think they do work, it needs to have some weakness.

if it doesnt work thought i cant wate to vs my friends dark angels as the only think he has that can kill it is meltas and if they cant do it... zzzzaaaapppp!!!!

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
The only bonuses that the monolith doesn't allow are Lance bonuses and rolling more than one dice + strength.

AP 1 still affects it.

Ordinance weapons still get to roll 2 d6 and pick the highest.

The turbo penetrator round still gets 3d6.

Auto glances still affect the monolith. For example Dark Eldar agonizers always glance on a 6+, or Eldar wraith cannons.

Gauss weapons still work against the monolith.

Melta Bombs get 8 + d6 for penetration.

I think I've forgotten a few. I hope this helps, good luck.

·
1,880 Posts
Yeah, AP1 hurts... My Monolith got blasted with a twinlinked railgun from a Broadside suit in the first turn of a game and exploded. :disapointed:
Yeah those who are set for anti tank, really can pop the monolith. I miss deep striking right on their heads and using the gauss arcs... :(

You gotta admit though, since glance can't destroy it (unless it's AP1) it lives longer!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yep.. not even the toughest are unbeatable, thus if they shoot at Manolo they won't shoot at ya troops and that'll prevent phase out!!
ella ella e e e under my :umbrella: e e e.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts