Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK melta bombs are a deal on my Black templars assault squad so i took them. Now that i have 10 jump pack troops all with melta bombs i feel like i should be able to devastate and armor i touch.

HOWEVER, I'm kinda new and i'm not sure exactly how this works...

When i use them in assault, Do i get to use all 10? or just one attack for the squad?

Also does the meltabomb attack take place before or after my units get into base contact with the vehicle?

with the armor penetration of meltabombs i'm concerned about being inside the blast radius.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Every model that manages to make a successful charge can either make its normal attacks with its normal weaponry (Powerfists and such, usually), or it can elect to use a grenade if it has them.

Meltabombs are treated as grenades, so each man that gets into combat gets one chance to clamp on a Meltabomb as per the rules for the vehicle type they're attacking (pore over the vehicle rules, it's all in there!) . Assuming you get everybody in, that'll be 10 separate MB attacks, or 9 MB's and the Sergeant's Powerfist if you want to use that to get a few extra swings (and if he's got one, of course!).

Grenade hits are the same in all respects as normal attacks. They happen in combat (not before or after), at your normal initiative. The only difference is that they only make one attack per round, no matter how many attacks they normally have.

And there is no blast radius with MB's. They only hit the tank. Of course, the tank may well blow up and hit you there, but that's a pretty weak hit, nothing compared to a Meltabomb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.