Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From anyone that takes Mephiston in their Blood Angels lists, what do you do with him?

Do you put him into an assault squad and hope he passes his psychic test every turn for Wings of Sanguinius?

Do you put him into a tactical squad in a Rhino?

I really want to take him in one of my lists, he is my favorite special character and I really want to use him, but I have no idea what to do with him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I often just have him hop along behind a Veteran Assault Squad. Remember the rules for Independent Characters - your opponent cannot target him if he is not the closest unit. If I sense danger in that he may become a target soon for whatever reason, I will have him join the veterans. Unless your opponent has a Psychic Hood or Runes of Warding, you will rarely fail his psychic test.

·
479 Posts
Like above, because he's an independent character, he can't be picked out unless he's the closest guy (not likely). I have him jump around through terrain and attack weapon teams, hq squads, and the like as long as they don't have powerfists. He usually can stun the champion of a unit, then on the turn he charges, have 7-9 attacks with might of heroes. this along with his high stats means that he slaughters the squads and keeps on running through the army. In my last apocalypse battle at a hobby store, he killed a battlesuit, a tau commander, and a chaplain before the masters of the chapter, all armed with thunderhammers, brought him down. and all the while he was being suppressed by runes of warding so he wasn't at his top but still did quite a bit of damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.