Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be playing in a 1500pt tourney soon and while I have a well balanced standard list, I was thinking of fielding this instead for a grin (but I'll probably just do this in a "friendly" game instead).

Archon - Punisher, Drugs, Shadow Field, Tormenter Helm, Animus Vitae, Plasma Grenades
5 Incubi w/ Plasma Grenades
Drazhar
Raider w/ DL

Dracon - Standard goodies except shadow field and animus vitae
7 Incubi w/ Plasma Grenades
Raider w/ DL

2 Raider squads - DL
Raider w/DL

2 Warrior Squads - x2 DL

3 Ravagers - x3 DL

1500 points

I'm not looking for any survivability and I think this list deserves to have a 0% chance to win... but I feel like it would just destroy any armor on the field and then your incubi eat whatever is inside their transports. Of course if the incubi get shot down and stranded its game over, but like I said this is not a serious list but I am looking for a reason to field most of the 19 Incubi I own.

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
I am going to be playing in a 1500pt tourney soon and while I have a well balanced standard list, I was thinking of fielding this instead for a grin (but I'll probably just do this in a "friendly" game instead).
For a friendly game, yes. For a tourney, I dunno but it will be hella kool with all that Incubi!

Archon - Punisher, Drugs, Shadow Field, Tormenter Helm, Animus Vitae, Plasma Grenades
5 Incubi w/ Plasma Grenades
Drazhar
Raider w/ DL
As much as I love punisher lords in almost every situation, there is one set-up that I think an agoniser is better and you found it. With all the punishers in the list your Archon punisher doesn’t add much (and again I do love the vitae). If the Archon was solo then absolutely perfect but since he can’t be picked out and plenty of body guards he just doesn’t need all the “bling”. So with the squad in mind, the Archon I would field would be:

Archon – Agoniser, pistol, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Plasma Grenades and even a Trophy Rack as it will make you leadership 10 guaranteed once you are in close combat. The drugs I think will be necessary as it will boost your kill count and ensure you win combat resolution. I think the Incubi weakness is the small squad count and any losses will hurt mostly in the following assault phase.

As for Drazhar, I tried him once and I think he is “meh” – I say keep him in the list to have fun and at least say you played him once back in the old dex. Personally, I think he is needed more with the Dracon as he might save your Dracon’s butt. I also say this as I am going to probably suggest you drop the Dracon’s Incubi count down.

Dracon - Standard goodies except shadow field and animus vitae
7 Incubi w/ Plasma Grenades
Raider w/ DL
Again I suggest the Dracon gets an Agoniser, pistol, plasma, drugs and a trophy rack for the same reasons above. I didn’t say this above but these two assault units are going to see all kinds of action and will most likely be “stuck in” with a monstrous creature, super HQ or some other high toughness thing and the agoniser will allow you to deal with them “just in case”. I do prefer the punisher when my HQ goes after troop choices but in this list the Incubi will do that for you and the agoniser isn’t really going to do too much less (thanks to the drugs).

If you are not liking some of these changes then another option would be to drop 2 incubi from the Dracon’s Incubi and add combat drugs to both HQ’s – you will need to boost the strength of the HQ since you will not have an agoniser in either squad.

I also like nightshields for both raiders but I am not seeing where the points are going to come from.

2 Raider squads - DL
Raider w/DL
Yuck, not tourney quality. Just have fun!

2 Warrior Squads - x2 DL
Another yuck! But for some reason this formation has survived 5th edition and most people run them.

Your 4 scoring units are min/max squads and I think they do not have the durability to survive a complete game. I think it’s a mistake but others here still swear that these 4th ed. formations are still actually good. They’re fine for a friendly game and against newbie players but I would hardly think they will give you more than a turn or two of shooting before getting eliminated or flee in terror.

If you are absolutely sold on troop choices like these then the only way to overcome their fragility is to spam them. I would recommend you get at least one more squad in and if at all go for 6 scoring units.

3 Ravagers - x3 DL
For once I am torn – I do love 3 lance ravagers and I think the list can use 1 or 2 of them but since the only close combat capable units are Incubi I would think at least 1 ravager should be 3 disintegrators. You could probably put 2 of these into this list with the number of dark lances that are being used in the troops choices.

1500 points

I'm not looking for any survivability and I think this list deserves to have a 0% chance to win... but I feel like it would just destroy any armor on the field and then your incubi eat whatever is inside their transports.
I think you are on the right track in general but I fear cover saves or not getting the first turn will thwart your plan. If the opponent has a different method of entering the game then I fear you will be having problems cracking open armor in a timely manner. I mean, it could work but it will depend on how well of a general you are and how well you deal with the set-up, mission and the army you are facing.

Of course if the incubi get shot down and stranded its game over, but like I said this is not a serious list but I am looking for a reason to field most of the 19 Incubi I own.
Well it’s certainly has a “cool” factor in it – I would just hate to see your opponent and any bystanders think how cool it is and you then lose the game by 4th turn. I think 19 incubi would be just fine in larger games but I think their price is too hefty for a small 1500 game (to them its small). Just a warning that Incubi do get a lot of attention when they are on the board so if there are any prime hiding spots on the board to start the game then they should have it. I would also not hesitate to be really aggressive with them as well because if they lose their ride in the opening turns then their threat potential goes down dramatically and the incubi suddenly become a “ball & chain” to the HQ (because Incubi do not have “fleet of foot” USR).

Try it out and good luck, let us know how it went.

·
Scourge Lord
1,638 Posts
Such a funny list!

Night shields on the Incubi Raiders will be a must. It will prevent the basic troops from helping to down your transports, and also prevents melta double-pen most of the time. If you went with an agonizer on the Lords, you can save 23 points to use on the night shields.

I don't see much need for dissies on the Ravs. They'd fill the same role as your Incubi (wiping the floor with MEQs), and you'll need all the vehicle-killing power you can muster.

Go Drazhar, Master of Blades! :silly:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts