Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allrighty! Here're the first two strips of the aforementioned comic I talked about! At this stage I'm still trying to figure out the best style and format of the comic, so to start with things might look rather different from strip to strip.

Well, there's not a whole lot of it yet, but you get the idea. Hope you like it!

Can you read the text ok? It's not too small maybe?

Also, which one is best dimension-wise? Any feedback?

Oh yeah, and are they funny at all =P?

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
They are EXELLENT!

Dang.. You should put some colour on these and send them in to White Dwarf or something...

I think they are both funny and it seems to me like they go together in a way...

Keep 'em coming man! Great work!

(BTW I don't think you could have characterized a Space Wolf any more correctly than that braindead bozo :D )

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Is that Beetle Bailey in the Commisar's outfit? Always had a feeling that kid would go career... :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to try to go with the dimensions of the second strip, since everybody seems to agree that they're better.

It's commissar Bailey =P! Looking at the commisar models, the idea struck me when I kept seeing them with their caps obscuring their eyes. I drew up a quick sketch and the character just stuck.

I'll keep posting them as I make more.

EDIT: As my friend Eirik so graciously reminded me of, Commissar Bailey wasn't my idea but his! D'oh! What a pretentious ***** I am, trying to claim credit for an idea that wasn't mine... Thanks Eirik! More power to you.

·
Registered
959 Posts
hahahahaha brilliant. yeah the second strip was better.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Brilliant! Make more before I have to kill you!

The dimensions were better in the second, but both are great.

JUST HURRY UP...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Holy crap!!! Thats frickin hillarious!!! I'm printing out a copy to hang in my room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great! Great! More! More!

Also, you've provided the platform for me creating my first character!
He's largely based off of Mike, so I'm not about to claim this victory for myself - but it's a start!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok I'm sitting here on an evening shift at work, it's raining outside, I'm getting the worst jobs avaliable....

You made me laugh!
Thank you ever so much :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
That is pure genius. If you like, I can help with the colouring.

Free of charge, naturally!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Lol that was brilliant espeacially the ragnar one, so finnally I find out who this Mike the guardsman is. Geez *slaps head I should come into sketch book more often, I've mist loads.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just need to get Photoshp off a friend...

·
Registered
128 Posts
GREAT!!

that was soooo good, lmao!
that is so going on my GW case!

hmm...someone should make a mini for Mike and make stats for him =D
that be funny, I guess.

And make more soon, this is now my new comic strip =D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.