Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are considered "minor psyker powers" I could not find a listing of minor psyker powrs anywhere, though it is probally right infront of me (known to have happened to me before). So if anyone could answer that question for me that would be great.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
The minor psyker powers are listed in Chapter Approved 2k3 and 2k4 and in some WD I can't remember.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also basically any psychic power that does not require a psychic test.

Note, however, that this does *not* include things that automatically pass said tests, like daemonhosts and such.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
actually daemon hosts powers are minor powers and thus sisters get the save

jus cus the minor power is auto passed dosn't change it one bit if it is classed as a minor poweer and affects a sister squad then they will ALWAYS get their save .... hang on a sec i think i got this wrong the 5+ save is againstmagor powers isn't it and the sisters jus ignore minor powers anyway?

·
867 Posts
The Codex says that Sisters of Battle are not affected by Minor Psychic powers.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
I think this should be changed to: "What counts as a minor power?". Is a minor power a power that don't require a test (Eldar warlock powers, some Tyranid powers, all Tzeentch powers 'cus of Mark of Tzeentch...)? Or is a minor power a power specificaly stated as a minor power (god-specific powers in the CSM 'dex)? Or does the rulebook classify minor powers by a specific rule?

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Minor Psychic powers are always stated as such. Eldar warlock powers are under the minor psychic powers section (near the back of the codex), so are any of the chaos powers.

You cannot count a psychic power as minor just because it has an auto pass, it must state in the codex that it is a minor power before it can be considered as such.

If you do consider psychic powers as a minor power dispite the codex not stating as such then you are just breaking the rules to your convience IMO.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
yes it does both in various faq's and i beleive in the general description at the back of the book i don't have the book with me but i think there may be somthin on the armoury page as well

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
*Checking FAQ* Nope, nothing there. *Checking Codex* Nope, only thing stated about Warlock powers is: Altough they require no Psychic test to use, these powers are treated as psychic powers in all other respects (for example, Destructor could not affect an enemy which is immune to psychic powers) and the Warlock is treated as a Psyker.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
and in the end who cares if the player won't concede that the warlocks powers are minor then we still get a save

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
yep but other players are really weird in that they want us to take a save rather than ignore their heavy flamer thing .... really weird huh?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
got to admit I doubt the eldar codex calls warlock powers minor powers, for a start I think that codex eldar predates the minor powers stuff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts