Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
The power spells "during the enemy assault phase" [Codex: Necrons, page 30, emphasis by me], not "at the beginning of...". If an enemy unit assaults the Deceiver it is the enemy's assault phase, and during that, before blows are struck, the Deceiver may use his ability. This answer, thus, is yes: he can! The Deceiver will never be assaulted unless he wants to be...

·
1,880 Posts
The power spells "during the enemy assault phase" [Codex: Necrons, page 30, emphasis by me], not "at the beginning of...". If an enemy unit assaults the Deceiver it is the enemy's assault phase, and during that, before blows are struck, the Deceiver may use his ability. This answer, thus, is yes: he can! The Deceiver will never be assaulted unless he wants to be...
Even if 2 units assault him. I had a guy try to tell me since I fell back. When his first unit assaulted his 2nd unit could lock me into combat. That might be true. Wait until he finishes ALL his assault moves THEN misdirect. However if you misdirected too early, technically I'd believe him as you can't misdirect twice...so be wary.

The deceiver can NEVER be assaulted, and can ESCAPE combat the following enemy round too. He's a beast!!! And while he's tied up in CC during the opponents shooting he can't be shot, then misdirect out and get a free move in his turn, then move your normal movement....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.