Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens when a Dwarf Organ Gun decides to put 7 wounds onto a Fast Calvary unit of 6 and an attached Character in it? Since the combined unit size is more than 5, the character should be safe from the missile attacks.. or am I wrong?

On a side note.. what's MSU means? I see people say that all the time in Dark Elves forums :p .. thanks!

·
Fun guy from Yuggoth
772 Posts
The hits would all go against the rank and file cavalry. No matter how many hits there are, if there are 5 or more rank and file in the unit then the character is safe. No torrent of fire in Fantasy!

Can't help you with MSU.

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
The hits would all go against the rank and file cavalry. No matter how many hits there are, if there are 5 or more rank and file in the unit then the character is safe. No torrent of fire in Fantasy!
This is correct - but note that it's 5 or more models, not US-5+. You actually need 5 models, regardless of the unit strength of each individual model to be safe from regular shooting and to get a 'Look Out, Sir!'.

And I believe MSU is Minimum Size Unit.

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you guys are saying if a unit of 6 Riders + 1 Character gets wounded 7 times and failed all 7 armour saves.. only the 6 Riders are affected and the Character would escape unharmed? What about a panic test?

·
575 Posts
While some might argue that the character might not have to make a panic test due to suffering 25% or more casualties on the basis that he is no longer part of the unit, he would have to take a panic test due to a friendly unit of US 5+ being wiped out within 6" (and having been part of it he is certainly within that range)

·
Fun guy from Yuggoth
772 Posts
There was a very similar discussion over on the 40k forum... I'm not sure whether Fantasy has a similar rule, but the next question over there was "Does he take -1 on his leadership test for being in a unit under 50% strength?"

In your example, you are correct in that the 6 riders would die but the character would be unharmed. The rolls to wound and the saves were all taken by the riders, so the wounds can only be applied to the riders. Even if there were only 4 rank and file and the unit took 7 wounds, it's possible that the character would be unharmed because the hits are distributed between the character and the unit - extra wounds against the unit still do not carry over to the character. Only hits which were specifically allocated against the character can wound him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.