Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Dreadnought missile launcher work exactly as a normal missile launcher? Just asking cuz they look so different.

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats an option for Space marine terminators, right?

I play Chaos, but i own the Space marine codex.

·
Registered
33 Posts
and one of the best reasons for having one or two in a terminator squad. Plus you still get to fire the stormbolter for 3 count em 3 shots just like that assault cannon, but without the chance to fail, and better mix match (frag/krak) options and range. OH YEA BABY!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
But considering the dreadnought, do any of you think it is worth the effort to switch the closecombat weapon with a missle launcher?
I mean is it worth the trouble...

Heck you loose an attack on the profile, in addition you ony get to strike with str.6
Then again you now have potentially a very destructive weapon.
Consider this: your dreadnought has a twin linked lascannon in one arm and the missile launcher in the other, he then fires at the enemy transport in front of him...

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boom goes the transport, and splat goes the crew as a frag missile is thrown in.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Two clarifications.

First, when a dread fires at a transport, all the weapons are directed at the transport and fire simultaneously in the shooting phase. You cannot fire the lascannon at the transport, break it open, and then fire the rocket at the troops exposed. Only subesquently firing units my fire at the newly exposed troops.

Second, only dreads with two CCWs loose an attack from their profile by loosing one CCW (since they received +1A for two CCWs). A normal dread with only one CCW just looses the 10S attack, they still keep the basic number of attacks listed on the profile.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
A dread without close combat weapon not only loses a lot of strength, it also loses the ability to negate armour saves! The dread itself is not a monstrous creature, it needs its dread ccws (i.e. power fists with initiative bonus) in order to ignore armour saves.

jwu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.