Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am totally new to chaos and since i used a necron army i didnt really have much choice on the wargears ;\ buh now i gots to have 18 havocs to my pure marine army :O so i was wondering if i need to buy the seperate missile launcher blisters or the havoc box is happy enough to give me tons of missile launchers -_^

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
Hello!

First, and please realize that I am not trying to sound like a jerk here, sorry in advance;

Please try to use proper spelling, capitalization and punctuation when making a post on LO. There are many members to whom English is not their first language, and may have trouble reading/translating web speak. Also, automated translation programs will get very confused. Thanks!

Regarding the Havoc/Devastators, The plastic box (Imperial Marines) only has one missile launcher. The Havoc box (Chaos Marines) also only has one missile launcher. Buying a bunch of blisters is one way to get a few missile launchers, but I might suggest getting an Imperial Marine Tactical squad - it has a missile launcher, and I like to include Imperial bits on my Chaos marines, just to make them more chaotic. Yes, they have fewer spiky parts, but they are much easier to paint, and I figure that a renegade legion will have to salvage from the battlefield a bit more than the good guys!
Here is a sample of what I mean. The head of the missile launcher is taken from the Chaos vehicle sprue.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Can I say that if you want that many of one particular heavy weapon (which i wouldn't recommend) don't buy the individual models / blisters unless your a millionare (if you are, feel free to PM me and I'll help you get rid of some of that cash :p )

You really should jut try bitz trading, both with internet webstores like here (US) or Here (UK) depending on where you live, or try buying a box of dudes and trade a heavy weapon for missile L. with your friend / associates / creepy guy down the alleyway / people at your local store.

On the side though, You will really not want all Missile launchers, as good as they are, you need a bit variety, both in weapons and in unit type (you may want mobile / tank heavy support too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm I understand the webtalk part now sorry.

I'm not getting 18 rocket launchers, they are just 3 squads of 6, and 3 per squad gets the rocket launcher since it is basically going to be my range anti-armor, but thanks guys.

·
Registered
277 Posts
yeah just figured that then myself :rofl 9 missiles is still quite a few tho, you may want to switch one out for 4 x heavy bolters, 4+ save armies will love you then... 8X

Where are you situated mate? maybe other LO'ers could get trading with you.. there is also various trading zones sites forums for things like this

·
860 Posts
Now that our Missile Launchers and Autocannons can no longer have Tank Hunters, if I where you I'd think about getting a few Lascannons too.

Vehicle armour 14 is a pain to destroy, and in the new 5th edition (released later this year), Missile Launchers may not be able to destroy it at all.

Try play testing your ideas before you commit to spending large amounts of money.

Good luck!

Lord Ramon

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
But that'll mean AV 14 is very godlike if they change the glance rules... I see a LR in my future. :3
I second that. Means instead of Lascannons or Missile Launchers, it's time to start loading up on Meltaguns. However, you'll still be able to kill AV 14 with Str. 8 weapons, you just have to destroy all it's weapons first, immobilize it, then hit it again. Good luck!

Even so, the Missile Launcher will remain what it has always been - a flexible light tank/light infantry killer.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Plus, missile launcher = autocannon points wise for havocs.

Therefore if you find yourself in a game against orks / eldar / someone else against which the high Str and ap3 is wasted, you can have 2 slightly worse shots per model instead.

Magnetise your weapons!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.