Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys and gals just thought id run this list past you all. The idea is the army of a powerful lord who, while supporting undivided himself ensures that he has followers from all the different gods to make sure of their support. or something like that anyway. id just thought it would be pretty cool to have a mix of marks in one army.

Chaos lord = mark of undivided, dark blade, bolt pistol, spiky bits, demonic flight, mutation and aura.

Lieutenant = mark of tzeentch, power weapon, bolt pistol, bolt of change, demonic strength

8 bikers = mark of khorne, chainaxes, aspiring champion with axe of khorne and demonic strength

7 marines = mark of nurgle, aspiring champion with plague sword and demonic strength
Rhino= extra armour, smoke launchers

6 havocs = mark of slaanesh, 4 blastmasters, tank hunters

6 marines = mark of undivided

6 marines

5 marines = lascannon

5 marines = lascannon

5 marines = 2 meltaguns, infiltrate

iv tried to keep to the scared numbers for fluff purposes. i couldnt get a whole squad for tzeentch (no more elites!) but i figured as he goes for magic a sorcerer would do just as well.
for the other 3 gods i gave their mark to those units which i felt showed the spirit of that god most. khorne worshipers want to get into combat so they get bikes to get there fast etc. the undivided and unmarked troops are to supply more warm bodies and to fit the force organization chart. this army list is designed to be fun but not at the cost of giving me a massive disadvantage when i play with it. any ideas to make it work better from a fluff or gameplay viewpoint would be welcome.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like it. Thought of doing something similar with just Slaanesh and Tzeentch, so I can mark my Lord and my Lt.

Sabre

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
farmerralph said:
Chaos lord = mark of undivided, dark blade, bolt pistol, spiky bits, demonic flight, mutation and aura.
Looks good- great comment, right?

farmerralph said:
Lieutenant = mark of tzeentch, power weapon, bolt pistol, bolt of change, demonic
Pretty good too.
farmerralph said:
8 bikers = mark of khorne, chainaxes, aspiring champion with axe of khorne and demonic strength
Drop the axe of khorne in favor of a power fist. Your army is generally lacking in ways of dealing with vehicles, and though the power fist is not a great weapon to take down predators, it will give you a sporting chance against dreads and the likes. Also, this squads doesn't really need the additional attacks provided by the axe of khorne, as it already have an insane amount. The power fist will in general give the squads more versatility.

Furious charge will also greatly benefit the unit. I'm going to suggest you drop the 6 man troop squad without the MoCU, simply because you need those points to further upgrade your army. Use some of those points to give this unit furious charge.

farmerralph said:
7 marines = mark of nurgle, aspiring champion with plague sword and demonic strength
Looks pretty good. Again, the power fist is a superior choice unless you're facing monstrous bugs. If you want the plague sword for fluff purposes, then of course, you can keep it.

Infiltrate the squad. Otherwise, they'll never seen c.c. This will also help divert focuss from your bikes.

Melta guns: Give this squad a means of taking down vehicles. If you happen to see alot of swarm armies in your neck of the woods, then the plasma gun is an acceptible substitute. As a D.G. player I don't usually have a problem with taking plasma guns in assault squads. I'll leave the reason up for another thread.

farmerralph said:
6 havocs = mark of slaanesh, 4 blastmasters, tank hunters
Looks good...real fluffy.
farmerralph said:
6 marines = mark of undivided

6 marines
I've recommended that you 1 or both of these squads to tally points for upgrading the rest of your army.

farmerralph said:
5 marines = lascannon

5 marines = lascannon
always fun
farmerralph said:
5 marines = 2 meltaguns, infiltrate
This squad is a little fragile. Remember, they will probably be charged, and yet they have no real way of defending themselves. They lack numbers as well. You should consider making this a plague marine squad.
You could also use the points to add a little daemon flare to your army- maybe some daemonettes, or, if you have the points, a horde of bloodletters.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i forgot to put that id given my plague marines a rhino. although now i think about it infiltrate may well be a better idea....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts