Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My regular playing buddies and I have a 6000+ two-on-two battle coming up and I was thinking about how much crazy stuff I could cram into my army. The following is presented as a purely hypothetical situation at this point - the troop ':w00t: types' aren't set in stone

In a 4000+ battle it says you can have up to 40 chosen and it also states that however many chosen are slected they count as a single elites choice.. Let's say my Lord has the Mark of Khorne (but I'm not playing a World Eaters Army). I've already got 4000+ pts on the table, so I may as well burn another thousand or two on my chosen (I'm not worried about points in this scenario at all).

Let's say I give everyone the Mark of Khorne and furious charge (including the Lord who also just has to have a talisman of burning blood). Now, could I field:

8 Terminator clad Chosen

8 "Berzerker" Chosen (vanilla chosen and )

8 "possessed" chosen (aspiring champs with gifts similar to possessed marines selections)

8 "possessed choesn (as above but with different gifts)

8 chosen on juggernauts (aspiring champs again)

Can I legally mix and match my chosen like this - or do they all have to be equipped similarily. As long as my movement modifiers (jugs don't move as cav) are all the same, I should be cool , ja?

·
Registered
391 Posts
In a single Force Organisation Chart you are allowed up to 3 units of Chosen, all of which occupy a single FOC Elite slot. Two of the units will be retinues for your Chaos Lord and Lieutenant and must bear the same Chaos Mark as the character. The third is a separate unit purchased as a standard Elite choice that is not attached to any character. Each unit is then configured separately with regard to upgrades, weapons and wargear.

I guess if you are playing 6000pts then you will most likely be using two FOCs so that would give you up to 6 units of Chosen - 4 retinues and 2 regular units. Each can be tailored as you see fit just so long as any Marks match up for Characters/Retinues.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Yes you can mix termie chosen with power armor chosen and add whatever wargear you so choose to them as long as your not violating any rules that their wargear may lay on the unit.

EG:

you take 4 termie chosen and one power armor chosen, then try to infiltrate because one of them is in power armor. Not gonna work.

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
you can adjust each chosen however you want. But each squad counts as an elites choice. Now within that squad they can each be changed so you can do your thing. I can't remember about different movement modes though...

A fun tactic is to have 10 terminators and 9 marines in a squad and then point out majority armour saves to your opponent.:shifty:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LordLink said:
you can adjust each chosen however you want. But each squad counts as an elites choice. Now within that squad they can each be changed so you can do your thing. I can't remember about different movement modes though...

A fun tactic is to have 10 terminators and 9 marines in a squad and then point out majority armour saves to your opponent.:shifty:
I'm only talking about one squad here, thusly =one elites choice.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Mixing and matching your Chosen in that fashion is perfectly legal. I don't see many people combining Terminators and Power Armour in the same unit due to Mixed Armour rules, but if you wanted to do so you could.

The only rule you're breaking is the squad size limits - a Retinue for a HQ choice is limited to 19 men strong, while a Chosen unit operating on its own may only be 20 men strong.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
I just played a Winter War game (1000 points, no guess range and troops count lakes and other water features as regular terrain) against a Necron army. I used a squad of 5 chosen terminator champions which came to 400 points lol. They made up more than enough of their points. They killed:-

2 squads of 10 Warriors
1 squad of 5 Scarab Swarms
1 squad 4 Destroyers
1 Necron Lord

I was only using them for a laugh but they did work out to be pretty effective although the Necron army didn't have anything to get rid of my terminators 2+ save.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Lord w/ 19 chosen aspiring terminator champions.

It has to be done. All with, say, MoKhorne, daemonic mutation, and twin lightning claws.

OUCH!

Unless I am much mistaken, and you have my permission to laugh at me a lot if I am, that is 140 attacks on the charge (3 basic, 1 MoKhorne, 1 DMut, 1 2CC, 1 charge), re-rolling wounds and negating armour saves.

PAIN!

And all with termie armour...

Only 1864 pts. Bargain.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
To make it even worse, you could master craft each pair of lightning claws :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts