Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a picture of a gunfex?
I'm looking at making on, but the guns and cords are all set for right handed only. So it will make the weapons look very awkward. This is for a venom cannon and barb strangler

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
as per your request, SNIPERFEXES!

You can also put them both on the right arm (as mine has them) but I'm having trouble finding those picks in my quick and simple search. It looks just fine, especially if you point the strangler up to make it look like it's lobbing stuff rather than just shooting straight.

Reactions: Rabbit

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
does anyone have a picture of a gunfex?
I'm looking at making on, but the guns and cords are all set for right handed only. So it will make the weapons look very awkward. This is for a venom cannon and barb strangler
Go to google, make a picture search for "gunfex" and you will get some different pictures. I prepared a link for you: gunfex - Google Bildsökning

or one here http://chicagoterrainfactory.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/fex-drybrush.jpg; http://chicagoterrainfactory.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/ig-037.jpg

and then check the pics on Hive Fleet Moloch. Some amazing conversions there!

And some more here: Picasa Web Albums - sodcactus - W40K Tyranids

(none of these are made or painted by me... just to clarify that. Found 'em on the Net)

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
wow I feel dumb, I was imagining the ammo cord on left side, and the Gun on right side.
Many people feel that the gunside gets a bit crowded and rebuild them to have one on each side. Hope you get som nice ideas!

·
Registered
301 Posts
here are some of mine:
done with no conversions, both guns on one side:

This one involves converting so as to to have the guns on either side: not too difficult to do either (and my lack of painting means that you can see where the converting was done)

·
Dark Eldar Gerbil
1,522 Posts
With my fex's I decided that ammo feeders were not necessary as i was making a gun horde and have taken the line that the tyranids have evolved.

and

since doing these i have filled in the holes in the side of the guns. But I did these without any green stuff as i had not used the stuff before and didn't trust myself to get it right.

for the secondary arms i used genestealer arms in the same vein as a tyrannosaur's arms. Unsed and as a result are de-evolving.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Here are a few more examples, including some of Moloch's.

(below is aeroplane's work)

(None of these models were painted or modeled by me)

Now that this thread has had some good input from the Nid Forum, I'm punting it to its rightful place, which is in the Modeling Forum

*punts away...put put*

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
I dont know about everyone else, but I dont think a fex should have more than one (Big) gun modeled on it for a simple reason that it looks too darn crowded. You can have many devourers because they are small, but when it comes to venom cannon people seem to get a bit too overzealous and stick two of them on the fex which in my opinion doesnt only look unrealistic, but bad looking and unconventional as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.