Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm new to WE and Fantasy but have been a long time 40K player. I have spent the last few weeks browsing through the tactica section that is up here and have made some selections based on the tips there. I purchased the battalion this morning and have started the long road to force construction.

To my question: I have looked on the box and looked around in general, while I'm a reasonably observant guy I can't for the life of me identify a Branchnymph from a Dryad. Is there a particular head/back branch that is used or is it up to player creativity?

I was thinking I would just put something shiny on the base so I can pick it in a squad, what do all of you do?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I too was confused by this = there is no model for this selection, so yes its up to the you to make one or more of your dryads look really different from the rest to represent the branchnymph (don't just consider the parts that you will use, but a some differences in colour would also help to highlight the model)

·
Registered
105 Posts
For my branchnymph i got one of the old metal dryads from the bits box at my local gameing store. Also saw a cool conversion where one guy had his standing on knight getting pulled into the ground by roots. And one where a guy had used part of a demonette and parts of a dryad to make it look like she was mid transformation into war aspect.

·
609 Posts
For my branchnymph i got one of the old metal dryads from the bits box at my local gameing store. Also saw a cool conversion where one guy had his standing on knight getting pulled into the ground by roots. And one where a guy had used part of a demonette and parts of a dryad to make it look like she was mid transformation into war aspect.
Thats really sweet. I'm not going to lie. Any chance you have a picture you could link here?

To the topic: I just started using a Branchnymph. I use the Drycha model.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats really sweet. I'm not going to lie. Any chance you have a picture you could link here?

To the topic: I just started using a Branchnymph. I use the Drycha model.
I'm using the Drycha model as my Branchwraith which will be in my unit with the branchnymph. Its a good idea, it just won't work for me.

I like the idea of a conversion, unfortunately my bits box is predominantly 40k, so unless its a space marine becoming fertilizer that idea is a little way off for me to achieve

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's not special or particularly good looking, but the easiest way IMO is just to use the bigger arms and the brances with something in them to represent the Branchnymph. That way, also, when you're not using one, they can pretty easily pass as a regular dryad.

(Obviously for my method to work it means that you haven't put big arms or interesting branches on any other models, which I didn't, because I actually prefer a slightly more uniform look rather than having too many stand-out individuals.)

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
All I did was paint my models Graveyard Earth on the side of their base, and paint Bestial Brown on my Nymph.

Why does it matter anyways? You'll be keeping it alive anyway as long as possible, and it gets moved to the front of a combat. Just take notes of which units have one and which ones don't. If you have any more than 3 units, you run the risk of picking up a dairy intolerance tbh. But, if you want to have one, you have my advice.

-AFG

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
With Branchwraith I just put and Owl on its leg. I know it's notihing to special, but they way its arms are positioned, it looks like it wants to give the model its going to kill a hug.

·
Registered
845 Posts
i have usually just use the skeletons on the back "arms" that happen to be on the Dryad sprue. Its not that original, but it works...there is a bit of white in between the green and brown. I actually oppose what DavidVC04 says about Branchnymphs as a bad choice, but everybody has their own opinion... I seem to remember that we have argued that point before though :p

Reactions: DavidWC09

·
Registered
24 Posts
What I do for Branchnymphs is this;

I use one of the bigger or more unique 'back' branches. The one with the skeleton, or the spite, or just the really BIG one with a skull. Then I take an extra set of branches or arms, trim them down, and glue them to her butt (which effectively makes it look like she has 4 arms, one smaller pair). Then I give her some of the interesting bits like the spite carrying a skull, or the waystone. Does make her look pretty intimidating.

And when all is said and done she gets far more flock and leaves in her branches than the other trees.

Oh and by the by, I'm pretty sure the long, pointy, curved arms (the longest set in the box that make her look like she's hugging herself) are supposed to represent the branchnymph. But hey! Get creative! Or failing that, just glue more stuff to her until she looks bigger (Orc methodolgy.)

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
what, don't take nymphs? I always stop for nympho- :| oh. wait. you mean trees.

anyways, away from the dangerous wordplay and back on topic.
You NEED to differentiate because unlike 40K, just saying there's a champion in a unit isn't going to cut it because you can kill a champ before you kill the rest of the unit, and issue challenges, and their position in the ranks matters.
I'd go for different painting, or different coloration, or the half-life thing. Bigger is good too. I could see doing that. Being burnt and all, my dryads are all grays and blacks. My branchnymph though, has flame on her base and sometimes in the stuff on her back or hands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts