Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of using the Lances from the Chaos Knights box to create some Halberds for my warriors. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and/or if anyone has any other suggestions for modelling halberds for Warriors.

Pics would be fun too. :D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'm using the GW metal halberd kits for the bulk of the warriors that have one. I did, however, convert a nice one from a knight lance for the unit champion.

Edit: Apologies for the pic quality. I took them on the fly just for this thread.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I were you you I would buy those halbers from gw and take a few left overs from the knights like psichotykwyrm did. onlu con on those halberds of the knights: their hands are a bit oversized. I realised that when I was converting my warriors with those cool hand weapons of the knights.

·
Banned
825 Posts
get the hand weapons arms, some brass rod, replace the hand weapons with the rod, and use the blades of the hand weapons on top of them, or use the GW metal ones

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
onlu con on those halberds of the knights: their hands are a bit oversized. I realised that when I was converting my warriors with those cool hand weapons of the knights.
get the hand weapons arms, some brass rod, replace the hand weapons with the rod, and use the blades of the hand weapons on top of them, or use the GW metal ones
If you'll notice on the Champion that I displayed above, the entire arm and "weapon handle" are from the chaos warrior box. If the knight lances are being used, its just a matter of clipping off a CW hand weapon and gluing on a clipped up lance.

The shafts of the lance bits are fairly sturdy. Rods are not a necessity.

·
Banned
825 Posts
If you'll notice on the Champion that I displayed above, the entire arm and "weapon handle" are from the chaos warrior box. If the knight lances are being used, its just a matter of clipping off a CW hand weapon and gluing on a clipped up lance.

The shafts of the lance bits are fairly sturdy. Rods are not a necessity.
except you only get 5 with the knights, not 12, and its gonna cost a fortune, so brass rod and weapon heads is allot more viable for most

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Sorry, I misinterpreted. I had thought that rods were suggested for sturdiness.

·
Mr. Sinister
589 Posts
Whoops! Posted this in the wrong thread! Meant to go here. Followed one too many links ...

*closes the Necronomicon with a sheepish grin*

·
The Shrubber
802 Posts
Ya getting enough for 10 warriors for me is going to be costly. I remember back when I played 40k like 4 years ago there were ordering books that storeholders had where you could buy specific plastic sprews for a not great price but better than buying the whole box. That is how I got some wings for my hive tyrant back in the day.

Is this still possible?

·
Mr. Sinister
589 Posts
Ya getting enough for 10 warriors for me is going to be costly. I remember back when I played 40k like 4 years ago there were ordering books that storeholders had where you could buy specific plastic sprews for a not great price but better than buying the whole box. That is how I got some wings for my hive tyrant back in the day.

Is this still possible?
Not via Direct. They phased out the majority of their bitz catalogue. I remember ordering TK Horsemen spears for my Skeleton Warriors, back in the day. Now all you can really get are the occasional weapon and shield bitz, some odds and ends. Very limited.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have pics to show, as I'm out of state for a week for work reasons. What I did for my unit was to use the standard bearer's pole, cut about 1/2" from the top of the clenched fist. Then, I used the (very blatantly) halberd-looking lance from the knight sprue, snipped the head off, and glued it to the top of the shortened standard pole. Looks great, in scale, is all-plastic (and therefore shock resistant, IMO) and doesn't require any pinning. I will say, however, I was only able to do this because I had the benefit of two friends that both play chaos and leave their knights with ensorcelled weapons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts