Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ages ago DavidVC04 started a brilliant thread in the modelling section, collecting miniature manufacturers-

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/114410-miniature-producers.html

It's a handy resource and I would like to start one for scenery producers or modelling component retailers.

I know there's a great thread for scenery images but I don't know how often I've had to return to complicated google searches to track things down.

To steal David's idea further, here's the deal-

If you have a manufacturer or supplier you'd like to add then post a link in the [U RL=" link "] Name of manufacturer [/URL] format. You'll need to drop that space from the first [U RL= bit.

So- Here's what we've got so far.

Amera 40k and WHM (plus others) scenery kits. Cheap!
Armorcast Resin Battlefield Scenery Models & Terrain
Antenociti's Workshop An excellent resource
CG Textures- The worlds largest free texture site Textures for making your own printouts
Dark Platypus "Bendy walls" for sci-fi and dungeon plus magnetic scenery!
Ec Scenics
Sci-Fi textures, SF textures More nice sci-fi textures here
Gale Force Nine - Welcome!! Good modelling supplies and flocks
GF9 Battlefield in a BoxGF9 Ready made scenery. Good quality and price.
Gorrilla Glue Gorilla Glue
Hirst Arts Molds for plaster cast scenery
"Hobby" Model (especailly wooden models) and model supplies
Hotzmats gaming mats
Same company, scenery PDFs
Kallistra Hex tile terrain
Miniature Scenery Wood frame buildings and accessories
Model Scenery Mouldable detailed plastic sheets
Noch German scenery supplier
Pardulon Resin Models & Terrain
Renedra Plastic cast scenery details- barrels, fences etc (good price!)
Skull Crafts Basing materials and tutorials
Tool-net Linking to the glue Sir Spamalot uses for Tyranid Slime
USP Plastic/Polystyrene sheets and rods (in the US)
Foldup Paper Models: Compiled Archive Free fantasy paper models
Woodland scenics A scenery supplies staple
WorldworksQuick paper terrain (I like the roads)
Zuzzy Resin scenery and 'Terra-flex' mats
Ziterdes Another german site, with some amusing translations.

Add anything good but try to avoid sites that pretty much just retail other manufacturers stuff.

If it works out well maybe we good get this stickied.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ages ago DavidVC04 started a brilliant thread in the modelling section, collecting miniature manufacturers-

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/114410-miniature-producers.html

It's a handy resource and I would like to start one for scenery producers or modelling component retailers.

I know there's a great thread for scenery images but I don't know how often I've had to return to complicated google searches to track things down.

To steal David's idea further, here's the deal-

If you have a manufacturer or supplier you'd like to add then post a link in the [U RL=" link "] Name of manufacturer [/URL] format. You'll need to drop that space from the first [U RL= bit.

It'd be really handy if you quote my whole post and drop your link into the right alphabetical slot. I only ask this because I'm lazy.

So- to kick off, here's a couple of my favorites.

Antenociti's Workshop, an excellent resource
Hotzmats gaming mats
Same company, scenery PDFs
Miniature Scenery (wood frame buildings and accessories)
Skullcrafts - basing materials and kits
Woodland scenics

Add anything good but try to avoid sites that pretty much just retail other manufacturers stuff.

If it works out well maybe we good get this stickied.
Apparently Skullcrafts is a company centered around basing materials and themed basing kits. I don't know much about it, really, I simply came across this site from another LO member in another thread very recently. I honestly don't know if he's just retailing other manufacturers stuff or not... but even if he is, the kits look really neat and seem like his own imaginative creations. Check it out and keep it/remove it depending on if you feel it fits the bill or not.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently Skullcrafts is a company centered around basing materials and themed basing kits. I don't know much about it, really, I simply came across this site from another LO member in another thread very recently. I honestly don't know if he's just retailing other manufacturers stuff or not... but even if he is, the kits look really neat and seem like his own imaginative creations. Check it out and keep it/remove it depending on if you feel it fits the bill or not.
Looks good to me- thanks for adding it. I'll put it in my original post now.

They seem to have some tutorials too, which is nice.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't believe I forgot GF9! Good call. I don't know many of the others but the paper terrain is good thinking. All added.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Nicely done.

Glad to see others picking up the reins and running.
I'll work on this post too, and we'll see if we can make a sticky..

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
1,206 Posts
Did you want to combine it with the scenery resources thread? All the sites that sell prebulit models at the top of the page then slot them in again amongst the individual resources to bulk out the weblinks I've put in?

Perhaps the two together could become an article on the main website?

Just a thought. If not I defiantly vote for this to be stickied.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.