Librarium Online Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
~26 Martch 2016 - Forgeworld Rhino Rear Door no longer for sale.

Also the icons are gone, not sure when that happened.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I e-mailed their customer service again asking if there are plans to discontinue them. Got the same response I normally get through them:

"Thanks for writing in to us, although I don’t have great news for you. While the Adepta Sororitas will no doubt get an update of their codex and miniatures at some point in the future, at this time we don’t know when this will be. However, please be aware that the details of future releases are a closely guarded secret at Games Workshop so new content may be in the works, but we don’t have any specific information yet.

Please keep the faith that they haven’t been forgotten about and their time will come one day!"

We've been keeping the damn faith for a rather long time. REALLY wish we could get a solid yes/no at this point.

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
15th April 2016 - Blessed banner no longer marked as sold out

Odd.
Something similar happened with the Immolator shortly before it was dropped forever.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I wonder if they had the factory make extra copies along with the Grand Alliance stuff? I got an e-mail on April 11th saying they asked the factory to make more as they sold "faster then expected".

Of course they did...you are discontinuing a product line. I'm surprised they decided to do this at. That's the point of discontinuing something...to not make more. They confuse the empra loving faith outta me.

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
18th April 2016 - Blessed banner sold out again. Guess they didn't find that many hidden down the back of the sofa, or wherever they got those last few.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Ok, so I actually got a nonstock response asking about immolators and actually got the reason it's no longer available:

Hello,

Thanks for writing in to us, although I'm sorry for your disappointment about the status of the Immolator. The Immolator is no longer available because the canopy, which was manufactured by a third party, is no longer available (either they can't make it anymore or aren't around anymore). That being said, the Immolator sprue is featured in the Exorcist kit, so if you purchase an additional Rhino, you could make both. See the attached packing sheet.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
So it looks like what they have is what they have, and they're saving them for the Exorcist kit. If that's the case, it makes sense. It sucks, but it does make sense. The only other way to possibly handle it is to sell an exorcist upgrade kit, but then you'd likely end up with excess metal kits.

Regardless, the immolator kit looks like it's gone for good.

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You may want to let them know that the exorcist can't be built without the immolator roof ...

Pity for new players, but I supposed you know what you are getting into if you start a sisters army these days.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
So apparently, it's actually just the plastic window. They can't get the stupid clear plastic bit anymore, so that's why immolators are cancelled. That's how little they care.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was at Games World for the Black library Live event, and took a few minutes to look at the models displayed in their 'museum' (actually just a room where certain selected current ranges are displayed. It took a while to find the sisters, but they were there - just. I only had a moment or two and did not think to take a photo, but I definitely saw the sister superior with bolter and power sword (the only SS there), the icon bearer with the shrine at the top of a pole (but no other standards/banners), the sister hospitaler, St Celestine, the repentia mistress and all four repentia models, the bareheaded sister with melta gun, the bare headed sister with flamer and three battle sisters. I think I may also have seen the the seraphim with hand flamers and the seraphim with one pistol held up and the other firing. The sister diologuous may have been there as well. I don't recall seeing any of the heavy weapons, although I could be mistaken here and there were no vehicles, despite vehicles being present with some other armies. I checked the Forge World display room as well and did not see either any sisters vehicles there either, despite the fact that the Repressor is shown ion the latest Forge World catalogue.

So - we are still on display amongst the current armies at GW's showcase location but they were so few in number they had to share a ten inch shelf with an overflow of the Horus Heresy marines in Mark III armour on the shelf above.

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So - we are still on display amongst the current armies at GW's showcase location but they were so few in number they had to share a ten inch shelf with an overflow of the Horus Heresy marines in Mark III armour on the shelf above.
Marines of all flavours are pushing everything out at the moment. I'm just hoping rumours about 8th aren't true, don't think I could take another whole year of the game deteriorating into Horus Heresy 40k - so boring.

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
St. Celestine is marked as sold out and availability is listed as "no longer available" on the U.S. website.
By all accounts she is also gone from the Imperial Agents codex - which has been stated by GW to replace the ebook codex (even though it appears to be just a reprint without Celestine).

She takes with her the flamer seraphim squad who i've always found a little impractical to run without her.

·
Registered
423 Posts
she's literally the only combat orientated sisters character worth taking. Lose her and Uriah and the HQ choices are laughable...

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
she's literally the only combat orientated sisters character worth taking.
The eviscerator/mantle canoness isn't totally terrible...
(reads leaked sororitas armoury page)
...aaaand there goes the eviscerator.

ok, so the sisters most dangerous close combat HQ is now a canoness with a strength 4 power axe and bolt pistol.

·
867 Posts
To be completely fair we haven't actually seen what's in the Codex, but I won't say you are wrong.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looking at the GW site today, I see that although Celestine is shown as sold out/no longer available, several of the missing models seem to have reappeared. The Immolator is there too. Added to that there is actually a brand new figure: Canoness Veridyan, who is closely modelled on the John Blanche picture which was on the cover of the original 1997 Sisters of Battle codex.

The only sister models shown as available as single models are: the existing Canoness, Canoness Veridyan, Uriah, Superior with bolter, Simulcrum Imperialis, Multi Melta, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Flamer 2, Melta gun 2, and Storm bolter 2.

However, there are also several full squads listed:
- A ten strong Seraphim squad (with the original plasma and power sword superior, flamer sister and both pistol sisters)
- Ten strong Retributor squad (Superior with bolter and power sword, 4 Multi meltas, and 5 sisters with boltguns)
- Ten strong Sisters squad (Superior with bolter and power sword, Simulcrum Imperialis, Storm bolter 2, Melta gun 2, and 6 sisters with bolt guns)
- 5 strong Dominion squad (Superior with bolter, Falmer 1, Flamer 2, Melta gun 1, Storm bolter 1)
- Ten strong Repentia squad with mistress and all four repentia models represented
- Five strong Command squad (Blessed banner, Diologuous, Hospitaler, Flamer 1, 1 sister with boltgun
- Five strong 'Battle sister squad upgrade', featuring five sisters with boltguns.

This means that along with the new Canoness Veridyan, the Seraphim Superior with plasma pistol and power sword, The seraphim with two raised pistols, the sister with the blessed banner, Melta gun 1, Flamer 1, Storm Bolter 1 and the immolator are all listed again, albeit some only as parts of sets.

So if we have lost St Celestine that is a serious blow, but on the positive, they have produced a brand new sisters character model and returned several missing figures to production, so it can't all be bad. If you want plastic sisters though, you will still need to go to Grishnak.

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
To be completely fair we haven't actually seen what's in the Codex, but I won't say you are wrong.
It's gone from the armoury.

However it has reappeared on the canoness's datasheet - so dodged a bullet there.

However, there are also several full squads listed:
If anyone gets one of these i'd be interested to know if they actually contain the discontinued models, or if they are just outdated pictures from the WD dex release.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts