Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we go. No mixed Marks nothing that can't keep up.

Lord, MOK, Juggernaut, Daemon Blade, enchanted Shield
Exalted, Sword of Might, Bronze Armor, BSB, Shield, Juggernaut.
Crusified Wizard, 2 Scrolls, Chariot (Wizard is not allowed to cast, anti magic only.)
Crusified Wizard, 2 Scrolls, Chariot (Wizard is not allowed to cast, anti magic only.)

6 Chaos Knights MOK
6 Chaos Knights MOK

3 Drgaon Ogres, Great weapons (here mostly to add variaty and because I have some nice conversions for them).

5 Marauder Horse, Flails
5 Marauder Horse, Flails
5 Marauder Horse, Flails
5 Marauder Horse, Flails

5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

2246pts

Would love your opinions on the list.

Also Could I get a 1-10 hardness scale for this list. Some have called it cheesy and I don't really think it is.

1 is super soft 10 ultimate cheese.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Are the horsemen khorne as well?

I think for the most part people consider lists like this cheesy because you have 2 scroll caddies in a khorne army.

As far as how hard it is. Well this army would hit like a ton of bricks. I've been playing scroll buggies recently and they are tremendous.

I don't see any reason to use the demonblade though. So many better options, like the chaos runesword. Makes this guy just nasty. 7 attacks and str 6 and never hitting himself.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm with Pinkus on this one. There are better options other than the expensive Demonblade available. The Runesword is awesome (7 S6 attacks at WS9) and the Axe of Khorne is more than enough. You'll have some points left to add Musicians for your MoK Knights then. Musicians will preserve that Frenzy for a while.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'd definitely remove the daemonsword for runesword (or axe, but runesword is better) and 'd be very tempted to use those points (and drop the e.shield) for the chaos runeshield

meaning you now have a 0+ armour save (before str mod) vs practically anything in close combat. the -1 armour save is all well and good until some smartarse brings a chaos lord with the aether blade :)

if the lord and exalted are going to be joining the knight units i'd be tempted to drop the knights down to 5 instead of 6. With a jugger in the unit you're effectively looking at a frontage of 8 which is a tad excessive, you'll have a model not in combat a lot of the time and they're a b*tch to turn.

This will save you plenty of points which you can spend on a standard bearer & a musician for both units and still have enough left over for a rapturous standard for one of the units

that or buy the DOs great weapons for super killy death

·
Registered
186 Posts
Indeed lose the daemonsword. Runesword is very nice on him.
The other exalted can be fun with axe of khorne. It's a bit of a gamble, but still one of my favorite weapons in the book. :p It can strike at a very deciding point in a game.

For the rest, cool list. I love the idea of the cusified wizards! Most khornate armies fail in the magic phase because of no defense, but you do have it. Also mounting them on chariots. Really cool. To bad they can't be khorne.. :'(

Perhaps ad a rapturous standard to one of the units knights. You have a BSB so it's perfect for pinning down enemys. Even when you have only 1 knight left! After that turn get the chariots into place and lets see some bloodshed (h)
I don't really like musiscians. on knights. You don't really need those imo. There frenzied so they won't pannic that fast, and combat should never be a draw in a list like this. Better add an additional hand weapon to the ogres :)

Let us know how the list did!

HK

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Now this might be cheesy, but the ruling is you can't have different marks between the rider and chariot, but you're allowed to mark one and not the other since you only have 1 mark on the model. Could you then mark the chariot khorne and have a sorcerer riding it? With my understanding of the rules, it should be allowed.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
I don't know why everyone thinks you can do this in the first place, think logically, they wouldn't let you mark the chariot without marking the rider.... it must just be written poorly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:freaked-out:Give up the Daemon Blade??!!! What kind of Sissy Khorne Lords are you? The Daemon Blade hits hardest! Daemon Blade hits the most! and when you cut off your own head with it you offer it up to the GLORY OF KHORNE! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!:thunder::thunder::thunder:

Serously though, thanks for the advice so far. Thinking seriously about turning the Dragon Ogers into regular Knights (non marked) D Ogers are cool but the math hammer is not with them against most opponents.

For a Chariot I am thinking of using two knights draging my crusified wizard by chains. (My wizards are made from modified spirit hosts pinned to crusifixes.) I Could use some broken flails from my Marauder horsemen for the chains.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How about a regular chariot with a warrior priest (flaggelant) tied up to a wooden marker of khorne? :sinister:

Oh and NO! you can't mark the chariot with a regular unmarkes caster in it. At least, Armybuilder tells me I can't :p

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dragon Ogres are 4 wounds a piece. A unit of three has 12 wounds which is plenty compared to the rest of your units. They really need Great Weapons to be hurty (S7, pops chariots automatically). Otherwise, they're just for a tarpit unit. With 12 wounds they can stay at least 2 rounds of combat, provided they don't break away (hint: keep a BSB around).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doh! My Dorgres do of course have great weapons. It was so obvious I forgot to write it down. I will edit my list.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Well my army book tells me you can't have 2 DIFFERENT marks between rider and chariot. It doesn't say you have to have the same mark. Written poorly? I doubt that, since it would have been so much easier to just say rider and chariot must have the same mark.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Now this might be cheesy, but the ruling is you can't have different marks between the rider and chariot, but you're allowed to mark one and not the other since you only have 1 mark on the model. Could you then mark the chariot khorne and have a sorcerer riding it? With my understanding of the rules, it should be allowed.
Cheater! .... :p

The book does say no different marks so I'm with Pinkus on this one until further official FAQ. It's not like it's going to be so much cheese/game changer anyway. (right?)

(noob question) Does MoK/frenzy add +1A for Impact Hits?

Anywho, russellt, if you do opt for Khornate Chariots, just be very careful of being baited into Impassable Terrains. Don't get too happy and run off a hill.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would not use MOK charitos, being baited into rough terrrain and overrunning into impassible is just too easy..

Um could we talk about my list in this thread? No one has given it a toughness rating yet....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would not use MOK charitos, being baited into rough terrrain and overrunning into impassible is just too easy..

Um could we talk about my list in this thread? No one has given it a toughness rating yet....
No one giving comments on the army's toughness = the army's already tough.

If you reallydoubt your army's toughness, consider downgrading the Lord to Exalted and add another model of Dragon Ogre. More wounds is always good. Also, as already stated, removing a model of Knight from each unit will reduce your battle width (which was too wide) and enough points to afford Musicians and Standards for both units, ensuring them to stay in battle.

Not much more can be done here.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool, thanks.

Removing a model from each khorne unit makes look out sir! Very dangerous. Just kill one horseman and my Lord or BSB is a sitting duck...

If I were to go to the Ruin Sword I would probably down grade to an exaulted. But I love the fluff and fun of playing the Daemonsword....

My main worry is the Dragon Ogres, 3 is not enough to win many fights, but finding 77pts is hard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts