Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, from the States.

I'm interested in building a "Monster Mash" list, and would like to know, what are your opinions?

The "meta" at the store is :

1. Level 4 wizards, as the general.

2. Large blocks of troops.

3. As many monsters, as you fit, in your list.

4. War machines, to destroy them all.

I probably won't go "full monster", but just enough to bring on the pain...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance :beer:

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
If mass artillery truly is common I think full monster or no monster is the go. That or medium monster + 3 units of Chameleons to kill some war machines.

Lizards have the best anti-monster monsters in the game, so this could work out with you (until the meta shifts), ie - high strength D3 wounds = good.

Note that if multiple cannon type artillery per army (available only in the Empire, Dwarf, Ogre and Daemon army books to the best of my knowledge) is common, I would not recommend taking any monsters as character mounts. Especially if Steam tanks, Ironblasters and Skullcannons are often taken things look grim for Lizardmen monsters, because those cannons get armour saves.

·
4,361 Posts
Monster mash is fun, but not overly competitive for tournament lists. If you go, go all in. And a life slann is basically essential to heal up those monsters. So lots of skinks for core to redirect and help you get the charge. Slann for healing. Big monsters for the kill.

Have fun,
SirKently

1 - 3 of 3 Posts