Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of anything that would stop a BSB from having a monstrous mount? I couldn't figure out what to do with this awesome new goblin on gigantic spider, then I realized he's not a large target and is elligible for look out sir!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've seen the same with High Elves, makes sure the BSB is where he is most needed. Mostly. A BSB is, in most cases, just a normal hero with a banner, so unless it says specifically in your book that he loses the options for mounts, he doesn't. It's the same with High Elves, it doesn't say they lose the option to use shield/great weapon/whatever, so they can still do that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I remember correctly in the previous editions army books it did say in the little side box in the hero section that if the Hero was the BSB then he couldn't be mounted on for example an Eagle but in all the new editions there is no such rule so i assume that it is fine to mount your BSB in the same way as any other hero. I don't have the rulebook with me however so appologise if that says different.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
It depends on the options given in the army book. Empire captains, for example, cannot take a BSB and a pegasus. Some other books are less lenient. The new HE book, you can take and use just about everything a normal noble can take. The only problem is not having them shot to death, magic'ed or something else because they're not in a unit. Also they don't add combat res to a unit, which is usually useful. Running him by himself, would make it easier for the opponent to capture the BSB and reap the extra points.

Although, in a wood elf list I could see the advantage of moving him around on a bird (still think a horse would be better)

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I remember correctly in the previous editions army books it did say in the little side box in the hero section that if the Hero was the BSB then he couldn't be mounted on for example an Eagle but in all the new editions there is no such rule so i assume that it is fine to mount your BSB in the same way as any other hero. I don't have the rulebook with me however so appologise if that says different.
Hmm, maybe that's it. Some of the guys at my club said it's not allowed, but the O&G book lists it as an option and I couldn't find anything in the main rulebook.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
I'm agreeing with everyone else in this thread that it's legal. But, mostly you can only make a hero level character you BSB and they generally don't have many monstrous mounts available to them. So you probably won't see a BSB on a dragon any time soon but eagles and other hero mounts will usually be fine unless it says otherwise.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Unless you're in a multiple combat. This is, if you're doing the multiplying, not the enemy.

Realistically, it can't be that difficult, since most of our glorious monsters can fly *cues cheesy music from Peter Pan. Also that affords flexibility that foot BSBs simply can't deliver.

But that's about it though.

-AFG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.