Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow forum users,

Anyone out of the 500+ memebers have anything to do with Mordheim?

I just wanted to start the ball rolling.......

:arrow: :arrow:

Bye for now

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yep, I have the Sisters of Sigmar...but haven't used them for a millenia, now! I did start a amazonian warband too, but haven't got round to do much with them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Before my memory fails me: does anyone know if the 'free dagger' count's as a close combat weapon against the 'No more than 2 Close Combat Weapons' limit?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daggers

Dear fellow forum members,

I belive that Free daggers do not count towards the "no more than 2 hand weapon rule" as everyone is expected to have a free dagger, even Zombies!

Anyway who would walk into a city like Mordheim unarmed

Undead warbands rule... :twisted:

from dorn

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a medium size reiklander warband. I bought it when the game first came out, painted it, and have only used it about 3 times since. I like the models though

·
Registered
506 Posts
What exactly is Morheim?
Mordheim, is the fantasy city of the damned, a terrible place of nightmarish ruins, where death awaits in every shadow. Here hard-bitten warriors stalk through the crumbling palaces and twisting streets, fighting and dying for the promise of riches and gold! Mordheim is a dark and atmospheric game that allows you to control one of the warbands that is out to earn fame and fortune amongst the devastated ruins of Mordheim, the city of the damned. Mordheim is a ‘skirmish game’, the rules being similar to Warhammer but adding a complexity not possible when controlling armies of miniatures. Detailed campaign rules allow you to link together a series of games and let the warriors in your warband develop new skills.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The crucial stats in Mordheim...

:lol: Dear fellow forum members :lol:

Unlike 40k and Warhammer, Mordheim depends on survival.

In a warband (army) the usual number of models is about 15, and one models "out of action" in a battle, there is a 1/3 chance that they will die permanently.

So the traditional important stats such as Strength, WS, BS, Attack is not as important compared to Toughness, Leadership, Wounds movement, and even initiative (initiative is a crucial part in climbing up walls).

What I like about the game is that its like an RPG type wargame, where your army can actually learn stuff and improve, compared to 40k, where you just fight each other.

I myself personally have an Undead army, there are lots of other armies around such as AMozon women, humans, orcs, dwarfs...etc

Bye for Now.......

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah kind of, but there is no chaos, only the "possessed" who wear weird cultist robes :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a Norscan warband. and by the way zombies cant have daggers, but the free dagger doesnt count towards your max two close combat weapons.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I actually got into Necromunda before I got into 40k or Fantasy...I've been wanting to try mordheim, but nobody around here wants to play. I imagine mordheim plays very much the same as Necromunda only with less shooting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah. if you can get a good sized table with alot of decent scenery then youre in for some very interesting games. diving charges are fun.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so therefore would the zombies have to use their fists? Are fists -1 strength and +1 armour save to enemy?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No they aren't. As per the fist's entry, it only applies to guys that have the option to be equiped with a weapon.

By the way, I play a smallish human mercenary warband, rieklanders or marienburger's depending. Gotta love the extra 100 gc for the rich boys :p And I find that shooting is crucial in mordhiem, crossbow equip rieklander warbands are brutal, simply beacause of the scarcity of armour saves and the scarcity of multi wound guys, untill late campaigne of course.

·
Registered
144 Posts
as tyben said shooting is improtant. thats why i always give my necromancer and vampire a bow and bs for my necromancer when he gets the upgrades. I also think the best thing about undead henchman wise are ghouls. i mean they start of toughness 4 with 2 attacks i mean come on thats just harsh and they cause fear. that is why undead rock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did everyone go? Mordheim is THE BEST game GW ever put out. Support had been dropping but should be picking up again soon. I have four warbands, Undead, Skaven, Witch Hunters and Middenheimers. My table is 4x4 and loaded with terrain. Join the Mordheim Yahoo group to see how much alive this DEAD game is.
You will be able to access the files to see photos of some great miniatures and terrain.

Play it you will like it!
tom

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.