Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes more of it.... in need ideas on what to buy next i have tactical squads, (plague marines) both with meltas a rhino and a hq with combi-bolter-melta and lightning claw. whats the next thing i shuold buy? what does and averagte plague marine army have in it? are bikes worth it?
thanks, by the way i dont have the codex yet so please be nice....

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You could get some bikes, since you're not playing Deathguard (they can't have bikes or raptors), but they won't get a Toughness bonus for bearing the Mark of Nurgle. Bikes are a good unit though, they're fast, tough, and have good firepower and cc ability. I also suggest you gat a predator with all lascannons and a Mutated Hull (that's basically a Nurgle Infestation but for 30 pts). You could also get some Plaguebearers, they're pretty cool (but I don't think the new models are released yet).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Dreadnought, dreadnought, dreadnought...

Need I say more?
Just give it the armour bonus thing(you know the one that gives +1 to all armour faces)
Then giv it either a twin linked lascannon og plasma cannon.
And if you feel lucky, give it a havoc missle launcher...

Sheriffe!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Well...ehhh gosh!

Didn't you know that!?
To me the dreadnought is practicly the lagest and most usable weaponsplatform in the game.
First they can have a whore array of heavy weapons(to chose from, that is..he he he.)
In addition they can stand still, fire all weapons... or they can move and are still capable of firing 2 weapons.

Now here's the one I use.
He's good at kicking orcs and things...
Right hand arm: Plasma cannon
Left hand arm: Closecombat weapon with built in bolter.

Upgrade: Havoc Missle launcher.

With this baby, if you are fairly close to the enemy and get fire frenzy, you can rip apart a massive chunk of enemy models.
Ok review this: With fire frenzy he gets, if he stands still:

Two shots with Plasma cannon.
four shots with the havoc launcher
two shots, with reroll, on the bolter.

Tata... kasutta.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, i always forget that plague marinews get no heavy but they do on their dreads, and cool setup by the way

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
My IW dreadnought is also effective against Orks, but cheaper, it's heavy weapon is a twinlinked heavy bolter, and apart from this and the twin bolter it doesn't have additional weapons. The reason is that I really like the model so I want to keep using it, but it tends to get blown up really easily so I don't want to spend too much pts on it. It now acts as a mobile support unit for my infantry, and to kill survivors from a wrecked leman russ for instance.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah my dread has twin hvy bolter, hvy flamer, and dread ccw. tears thru dark eldar like nothing! :ph34r:

·
1,019 Posts
I love it when the frenzy dice are with you. Got fire frenzy 3 times in a row, needless to say there was alot of dead tyranid around :lol:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
For some reason my dread hasn't frenzied a single time since he got the twin heavy bolters. Before that he'd always get the blood rage thing, and always move only 1 inch. That was frustrating...
btw this is quite an old thread :p .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.