Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im sure most of these ahve already made an apearance but this is what iv found recently from ; Tomb King rumours - update 10th Feb

"Tomb king/prince: s5. new mounts - a giant carrion called a rock, a royal chariot (heavy chariot with bells), and a construct (skelebeast style thing). special curses available.
Liche priest: new incantation rules. lesser priests can be taken in units. rip-style stuff.
Icon bearer: a tomb guard hero, with a bsb that gives -1 to crumble within 12". gets a special incantation from his banner.
Shawabti: construct hero. counts as lesser priest.

Skeleton warriors: come with bows. may have spears and shields for +1. light armour option. cheaper.
Skeleton cavalry: come with bows, may swap to spears. fast cav, cheaper.
Skeleton light chariots: core now.
Tomb swarms: 3w, 3a undead swarms. 25pts, m5. can be given 10" flight and/or poison.
Tomb guard: cheaper.

Tomb scorpion: new construct rules. new killing blow/poison rules. can be upgraded to count as a lesser priest.
Ushabti: new construct rules. s5 with halberds, and other equipment/command options. cheaper.
Carrion: cheaper. a big one called a rock.
Heavy cavalry: same as core cav, with +1ws, light armour, shield, and spear. may swap shield and spear for flail. cheaper.
Heavy chariot: proper chariot.
Desert stalkers: skellies with two handweapons or bows, and poison. may scout or upgrade to icfb. robes.
Godblooded: new elite (better than tg). greatweapons. bonuses based on chosen god - sun god acts like mark of nurgle. animal death masks.

Bone giant: new construct rules. +1ws. equipment options. cheaper. may count as a banner.
Catapult: multiple ammunition types - burning skull, screaming skull, swarming skull, weeping skull.
Casket: different "modes". boosts priest's incantations.
The embalmed: mummies. no crumble. t5, regen, 2w.
Tomb sphynx: desert spirit/construct. moves as ethereal. better stats than scorpion. may icfb when on the field. base-contact template sandstorm.

My source told me that a plastic Bone Giant will be accompanying the TK release.

No less than 4 new plastic sets. new and updated fluff as to whats is happening in current warhammer world."

Although it would be nice to see all these units iv got a feeling it needs to be taken with a big dose of salt.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We will see ...

Altho plastic is the way forward it seems in a lot of new releases nowerdays ...
Tbh a king on a bigbird ... thats soo "not in theme" i can't believe that .

·
859 Posts
It would also be a 'Roc' not a rock, one is a large mythical bird, the other is a lump of stone :D

They look like someone has taken the older rumours and tacked a bit on here and there, they sound overly elaborate for anything official yet.

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
I'm just sooooo tired of rumours by now... :p Can't describe it...

In general, this list looks like the others :) Few adds though.

//Nagash

·
859 Posts
I'd rather be getting the rumours from the new armybook.

*HINTHINTGAMESWORKSHOPWEWANTSKELLIESNAOW!*

>_>
<_<

·
Registered
80 Posts
If they where to bring a flying mount it better look a bit like this

or

·
Registered
286 Posts
Would be nice but as always everything on there needs to be taken with bowl of salt. I still rember when everyone was sure that the Hellpit Abomonation was going to burrow and shoot when it came up. Only down side I can see if all these rumors come true is that like the last couple books GW has put out we will have a new and exciting monster that everyone wants to play but will have no model to go along with it.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'll take that Rock rumor with a large lump of roc salt!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll take that Rock rumor with a large lump of roc salt!
Nice one :laugh:

EDIT:
Just found out that its not unheard of ..
The Undead ( aka tombkings) in Warmaster have a flying mount .....

So.......

8. Zombie Dragon. A Tomb King or Liche Priest can ride a
Zombie Dragon. A Dragon can fly increasing its rider's move from
60 to 100cm and it adds +3 Attacks to those of its rider. Zombie
Dragons have a special shooting attack - they can belch corrosive
breath! This attack can only be used if the Dragon riding
character has joined a unit but is not engaged in combat. A
character that has not joined a unit cannot use the Breath attack.
The corrosive breath has a range of 20cm. It can be directed
against one target as normal and has 3 Attacks worked out in the
usual way. The Zombie Dragon is a terrifying creature - a unit that
has been joined by a Dragon riding character causes terror in its
enemies.

This quote is from a free downloadable PDF file on the GW site
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...90325&categoryId=1100013&section=&aId=5300011

·
859 Posts
Warmaster has taken a different route from Warhammer though.

There used to be Zombie dragons available to all undead - then they split up and are now Vampires and Tomb Kings. While I like both armies and it was a toss up between the two for a while when it came to starting a new army - I'd like them DIFFERENT to each other. There are no dragons mentioned in the fluff for Nehekhara, it would be nice if they managed to bring up some nice, fitting, units with lovely interesting and new models. Though they are doing releases differently at GW from now on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've heard the rumor that TK were going to roll in HtH combat on modified leadership and then take woulds based off that (instead of auto wounds). There also going to all get 5+ ward saves and TP's will grant the units there with regeneration, and still be able to use spells. (for 115pt base)

Oh and there going to get a new lord chose called a "plasma gulper" who will have WS 10 fly tons of attacks, great armor save for low points, and magic resistance. Yeah and the ability to take tons of super bad ass abilitys to help him be more balanced.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've heard the rumor that TK were going to roll in HtH combat on modified leadership and then take woulds based off that (instead of auto wounds). There also going to all get 5+ ward saves and TP's will grant the units there with regeneration, and still be able to use spells. (for 115pt base)

Oh and there going to get a new lord chose called a "plasma gulper" who will have WS 10 fly tons of attacks, great armor save for low points, and magic resistance. Yeah and the ability to take tons of super bad ass abilitys to help him be more balanced.
Sounds fair to me .....

:clown:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im happy with the way we are now, all i just want is our raise Dead spells to be as good as the VCs ones, and let the TKs and TPs generate dispell dice !

·
Registered
214 Posts
Im happy with the way we are now, all i just want is our raise Dead spells to be as good as the VCs ones, and let the TKs and TPs generate dispell dice !
All I want is more unit variety the more I think about it. The last thing I personally want is to be able to raise models like VC. The way to differentiate us from VC in this regard is to make our Skeletons better/more efficient so as not to be forced to rely on summoning spam to warrant fielding them.

I was talking to my best friend last night who plays High Elves, and compared to Skaven for example, we both feel like we have very little in the way of variety of units. If they don't change anything else in the list, so long as we got some additional, useful unit types/upgrades, I'll be extremely happy. Most notably, a true anvil unit, for instance, since Skeletons don't cut it these days and Tomb Guard are a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none unit (imho, of course).

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree our magic is fine at raising. We may not be able to increase the size of units but we always get our spell off as long as there is no dispel from the opponent. Also goes with the theme that we bring our army out of the tomb with us unlike VC who raise corpses of exsisting battlefields, unclean.

Its not deserved of course but i would love a higher number of potential spells to cast(not types of spell but number of), just so i can cheese it up like vamps when they come to battle with 12+ power dice.

As the potential first 8th ed army it will be nice to see how the book is changed to benifit from any 8th ed changes, especialy the emphasis on rank and file units power play, wether its an actual bonus or limitations to game objectives like troop choces in 40k. Could cuase us to see a substantial drop in skeleton points or an increase to the veriaty of units we get in core over specail and rare.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Perhaps TG aren't as good an anvil as some other armies have, but in my experience, they've been, when you throw in a cheap prince, a rubber wall. They take a charge better than anything else I've seen, and tomb blades make a mockery of heavy cav, so they really do a great job of not so much mudpitting units for a flank charge, but seeing the enemy off all by themselves. My TG annihilated one unit of questing knights and broke another one last weekend without any help from the rest of my army. That's hammer and anvil in one FTW!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts