Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at the stats/points for a Mortis Dread with twin-lascannons, I was wondering whether it was worth taking it over the tank killer dread (Lascannon, ML and tank hunters)?
Also, I've heard rumours of a twin assault cannon dread, but its not in the IA book and I can't find any update for it......

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Sadly, the twin Assault Cannon dread is mere rumour - I had a hunt for it myself once.

Well, there's a number of things to consider with Mortis Dreads - the bad thing first.

Firstly and most majorly they are of course Forgeworld models. This means your opponent can refuse to let you play them at all with a word. This means I'd only get one if you play a lot of friendly games etc, and don't want to use them in a tournament.

The good - they are very good models, they are a lovely and intimidating sight to me. The twin-linked Lascannon seems the best variant to me, a Dreadnought with the firepower of a Landraider! And there is also of course the DA only factor:

"Wow that's cool, I've got to get me one of them for my Blood Angels!"
"Sorry, they are for Dark Angel players only"

So basically if you can live them being useless in any serious context, I'd go get yourself one.

47 Posts
Cons: one problem ive seen in experience uing thing that a illigal in tournaments, is when you so used to haveing that "so and so" to do this and that for you, that when it comes to a tourny you wish it was there....

Pros: 2TLLC's, if i face em ill piss my pants..... fear is a good wepon of chioce my freind, also not bad vs. tanks in my experience. my brother uses them to perfection against any armor but they do take skill because of the dreads slow movement.

-The Architect of the Penitent

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
I saw a Mortis Dreadnought fire at a Wraithlord with two Twin Linked Autocannons and inflict 2 wounds on it. That was funny...:yes: :)

But yeah, they seem good. Just don't get too attatched to it, because in a tournament, you won't be able to use it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm not too bothered in terms of tournament play, i play purely friendly only. Well, it seems the ranks of my army will soon be joined by a mortis dread, however i was thinking of just ordering the right lascannon arm from forgeworld and putting it on a normal dread...

·
269 Posts
Havarel said:
Well I'm not too bothered in terms of tournament play, i play purely friendly only. Well, it seems the ranks of my army will soon be joined by a mortis dread, however i was thinking of just ordering the right lascannon arm from forgeworld and putting it on a normal dread...
That is probably the best way to go! Use Rare Earth Magnets to swap arms for each variant.

The one thing I see is that a Dread is usually brought on alone. Thus, it gets tagged as a primary target for your opponents heavy weapons. Make sure the Mortis is supported.

A Mortis Dread is great in Deathwing Armies. Just remember that they are a 0-1 Item.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts