Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
sisterray said:
in your opinion what is the most evil army? eg chaos, dark eldar, tyranids, necrons, etc...
Chaos - Not evil, they're a reflection of human emotion
DE - Take pleasure in torture? Sounds evil to me :D
Nids - FOOD! not evil at all...
Crons - FOOD! same as nids...

Conclusion... DE are the only truly evil race. But thats only from our culture's perspective. In their's its good to be bad, so we're probably evil to them 0_o Philosophy strikes again! :D What is it to be evil anyway?

·
Registered
357 Posts
The_Outsider said:
Well if you're evil you don't have to bother to be nice to people, you just kill them, saves all that work spent on things such as conversation and being polite...
Well that makes most, if not all, 40k armies evil 0_o Which I don't buy. Evil is a relativist term. So even if we assume that they are all evil, DE are still the MOST evil

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
The dictatorial, unfeeling, bureaucracy that is the Imperial Guard is pretty evil when it comes down to it. A single guardsman is worthless, a regiment has only as much value as the length of time they can hold off Chaos/Xenos. Is there anything more evil than that attitude?

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Well, the point is that the necrons are the most evil, agreed, being evil is a relative term but the fluff says necrons are the most evil.

DE are evil by human standards, while the necrons are evil by anyone standards, every race who has knowledge of them fears them (the eldar fear them more than slaanesh).

·
Registered
357 Posts
The_Outsider said:
Well, the point is that the necrons are the most evil, agreed, being evil is a relative term but the fluff says necrons are the most evil.
Where?

The_Outsider said:
DE are evil by human standards, while the necrons are evil by anyone standards, every race who has knowledge of them fears them (the eldar fear them more than slaanesh).
So you're saying everything I fear is by default evil? 0_o Just because something causes fear doesn't make it evil (this is starting to hurt my brain :D) In any case, I'd rather be eaten by a C'tan than be captured by DE...

Another point is that we're talking about the crons like they're all the same. I'll give you that Nightbringer is evil, but I wouldn't say Deciever is. Hes more Machiavellian

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
impending slaughter said:
In the necron codex for one (i know thats biased)

Being tortured and having your souls devoured are on completely different levels, one is the breaking of the body and mind (i.e torture) but to have your soul destroyed is the most horrible thing a being can suffer.

The emporer causes the most heinous suffering amagineable when he absorbs souls (he isn't evil, but that is beside the point), yet the nightbringer does it on a galactic level.

All c'tan absorb souls and utterly destroy the life they consume, thats why they are the most evil.

Agreed, the deciever isn't so much as evil as cruel, he enjoys the suffering he causes (well, more so than other c'tan).

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
Hmm I'd have to say Dark Eldar or Necrons..as Dark Eldar torture you to death then revive you then torture you to death etc. That sounds pretty evil to me :O

Necrons for most of the reasons already mentioned..

Ben

·
Registered
777 Posts
I gotta go with DE, followed closely by Necron.

The Dark Eldar don't fight to gain territory. They don't fight to
acquire riches or technology. They don't fight because someone else
stands for something that they do not. They only fight because of their
enjoyment of inflicting pain and suffering upon their enemies and
themselves. If they're willing to completely mutilate their own bodies
for the hell of it, then tis' best not to contemplate what foul
misdeeds they perform on the bodies of others. <br>

When the dark eldar kill a prisoner, they consume the person's soul in
order to not only sustain their own bodies, but because it ensure that
the consumed soul remains in a state of torture and unrest for all
eternity.

Necrons are close...but the individual necron warriors are driven by
their gods to wage war.  Dark Eldar are driven by their own
sadistic pleasure to wage war against whoever they want (even each
other).  If necrons resorted to killing other necrons when they
grew bored, then maybe they would be the most evil, but until then, my
vote has to be for DE.<br>

·
Registered
24 Posts
evil is just a point of view.

i actually find the imperium pretty evil myself, the inquisition, space marines.

these people fight for what they believe in and are so called 'good alligned' because they are the mainstay human race. but they build war on all who dont share the same beliefs as themselves and have no problem in destroying anything that they may think is 'tainted.'

the most pure army i believe would be orks, they are simple, they just want a good fight.

they dont want to abbolish things cause they are different, because they believe in different things, they want an all in fist fight with everyone they find, alien, human or even other orks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.