Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes this is a polar opposite of an already existing thread. I just got my face stomped into the ground by a all khornate WOC army and Im a little bitter. So much for running a fluffy list...
Gimme some advice on defeating super agro builds, ie chaos warriors with mark of khorne and extra hand weapons, or knights similarly set up. They just wreck my CR and instability does the rest....
Im willing to run anything short of straight Tzeentch, just a matter of principal...
Clever ways to get around armor saves?

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
heres a thought.. its not all tzeentch, but still quite a few spells

- Bloodthirster, immortal Fury, Firestorm Blade 500

- herald of tzeentch, Power vortex 135

- BSB Herald of Tzeentch, disc, Flames of Tzeentch banner of hellfire 280

- Herald of Nurgle, staff of Nurgle, 165

- 10 horrors
- 10 horrors
- 12 plaguebearers, command

- 5 Flesh hounds
- 5 Flesh hounds

- Fiend of slaanesh
- Beast of Nurgle
(If he uses alot of khorneling marauders, maybe take flamers instead)

2+7 power dice + 2 bound spells
2+4 dispel dice

Since he may be using alot of khorne, his main units will have magic resistance, so the thirster and hounds will have to fight those, the magic should take care of anything around them.

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
Against Warriors of Chaos, I've found that a Tzeentch army can be pretty much unstoppable. Something like this:

Lord of Change, Level 4, Power Vortex
Herald of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror

10x Horrors
10x Horrors
10x Horrors

4x Screamers
4x Screamers

5x Flamers
5x Flamers
----
1995 points

This army is particularly good against Warriors of Chaos, because WoC lack ranged weapons and skirmishers--they pretty much just run their super-hard blocks across the table and charge you, and back it up with magic.

With this list, almost everything flies or skirmishes, which means that you can easily avoid getting charged by those blocks of warriors, and it's pretty easy to march block them, too. They will eventually engage and destroy your Horrors, but that's a tiny portion of your army, and they really have trouble engaging the rest of it effectively.

Meanwhile, this army generates 16 power dice and 10 dispel dice, which is modest for an all-tzeentch list, but still likely to dominate both your and your opponent's magic phases. Along with your Flamers, which have great shooting, and your Screamers which kill guys just by moving over them, you can effectively whittle down your enemy while never being engaged or taking significant losses.

It's a hilarious army which is both powerful in its own right and capitalizes on a weakness of the WoC army. It's just about incapable of losing that matchup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.