Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I considered posting this in the Non-Gaming Discussion forum, but it does have to do with gaming. Anyway, I think the title says it all. What is your army's/general's/personal motto? Mine has taken up residence in my sig: Nemo me impune lacessit. That's Latin; in English it means "No-one injures me and escapes punishment." Nice, huh? Got it from Edgar Allen Poe's The Cask of Amontillado. What do you think?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nemo me impune lacessit. Also found around the edge of certain pound coins.
Along with Decus et Tutamen - a safeguard and an ornament. Both are dire warnings against 'clipping' the coinage.

My own family motto is "Lucent in Tenebris" - They Shine in Darkness.

It works well in most things but not unfortunately for my Nightlords force as frankly they don't shine in darkness..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mine is, "May our Faith guide us, and bind us."
I will translate it into Latin, but I'm too lazy. Will edit post when I have Latin-ated motto.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"I can't deal with that now." ultra magnus. I try to use it all the time

"waaaaaa" use that when someone moans

"She can't do that, shoot her or something." Nute Gunray When some one doesomething i dont want to happen

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well mine used to be "I'll try anything at least once" but Bornindarkness really pushed that to the limit....
...I'll have to think of a new one sometime, anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone know a site where i can translate english to latin.. i could just ask my dad but hes a grumpy old git.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Live fast die quickly and leave a long trail of corpses behind.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
go all the way or dont go at all

·
DING
1,740 Posts
From the amazing Redeemer comic strip K-tana. Can i have my cookie now or later? :lol:

"Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen but thinking what no one else has thought."
"Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks"

and a bit of poetry

"For the great Gaels of Ireland
are the men God made mad.
All their wars are merry and
all their songs are sad"

Anyone who has read any irish or celtic mythology will agree that this is very very true.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.