Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been reading LO for a few months and just joined, one of my biggest questions is can I run a mounted hero with an infantry unit (ex. orc on boar with some boys on foot).

I've heard a lot about doing that, but have never found the reasoning behind it... is it legal, where in the rulebook or FAQ or something can I find that?

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Yes, it is legal.

There are a few restrictions, and those are on p73. Characters on flying mounts cannot join units, and characters on chariots can only join other chariots. This one only really applies to Tomb Kings though.

Also, if a character is in a unit he gets the "Look out, Sir!" roll, but if he and his mount are US 5+ they do not benefit from the Look our Sir! rule.

So yes, an orc on boar can be placed with some boyz on foot. Many people put mounted characters in their infantry units because buying the character a mount is a fairly cheap way of getting them a good armour save, plus it gives them handy extra movement if they want to leave the unit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man, thanks a lot, this will be a big help against my regular opponent Wood Elves, I'm sure my buddies would be happy to hear this too.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
And don't forget in the special case of Orcs it also gets you an extra S5 attack when you charge! A handy boost for a Shaman, who would usually diminish your combat output when he joins a unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts