Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a challenge if the mount deals the last wound and kills the character, does the rider get to roll on Eye of the gods? I can understand if he couldn't if its a monstrous mount such as Manticore or Dragon. What about other mounts, such as regular steed, Daemonic Mount, Juggernaut, Disc, etc. These count as normal calvary mounts despite being on larger bases. They are removed with the character when he dies. So does that mean the rider gets to roll if the mount kills the enemy character in the challenge.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i don't have the rulebook with me at the momment but I think it works like if the mount gets the last wound (as long as its not a monsterous mount e.g. a mount with 2 or more wounds) then the rider gets a roll on the eye of the gods, but I might be wrong with that

·
367 Posts
I don't see why they would not get a roll even if on a dragon or Manticore.
They get to fight in the challenge if it deals the last wound i think they should get a roll.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
no. the character has to get the last wound. This is why you'd always want to roll for the hits/wounds of your mount first - let him do all the heavy lifting and then let your character deal the killing blow - so he can roll.

·
367 Posts
no. the character has to get the last wound. This is why you'd always want to roll for the hits/wounds of your mount first - let him do all the heavy lifting and then let your character deal the killing blow - so he can roll.
Please quote the relevent rule regarding this. If the monster can fight in the chalenge why does it matter who deals the final wound?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Please quote the relevent rule regarding this. If the monster can fight in the chalenge why does it matter who deals the final wound?
"...Roll on the following table when A CHARACTER with the Eye of the Gods special rule kills and enemy character in a challenge..." My copy of the book doesn't mention mounts, monstrous or otherwise, as making their riders eligible (or even "more eligible") for a roll; they are two different entities with two different statlines. It's the Lord of Hero that has the special rule, not the mounts. If, for some reason, a monstrous mount had the Eye of the Gods rule and dealt the lethal blow on an enemy character in a challenge, then the mount itself would get the roll, not the rider.

As bukcero0 said, just let your mount whittle the character down and use its rider to attack second. You've got to be careful when doing this with a manticore because of his killing blow, however. If you're worried about overkilling a character with just the mount (like a dragon versus a woodelf or something like that) just attack with the lord first. It's not foolproof, but it wouldn't be any fun if it was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts