Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can moved threads actually disappear from the forum they have been moved from? Because it is really annoying going into General Discussion expecting to discuss and finding that someone has merely posted a new word or phrase to some topic that don't even belong there.

Or you could lock them once they have been moved?

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
When a topic is moved, we can choose to leaves a shadow behind so users will find back even when its moved. If they have disappeared they probably did not leave a shadow behind, but they are still there (somewhere).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not complaining because they have disappeared, I am complaining because they can still be posted on in the original forum, even after they have been moved. So you can think there is a new rteply in that forum falsely.

·
Registered
64 Posts
well,
the best thing to do would be.

move the post,
then put up another one with the same name but with MOVED-> at the front, with a link to the origanal post.

then lock that post

i think that would work

·
Registered
485 Posts
Odd Bloke wrote:
I am complaining because they can still be posted on in the original forum, even after they have been moved.
If you post a reply to the "moved thread" you will be redirected to the current location for the post. The new post icon will flash in the new location, not in the place where the "Moved thread" is.

I just tried it, posting a reply to the "Fighting Necrons" topic through the "Moved thread" in the Chaos board and the new post icon flashes on the "Tactics and Strategy" board.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But that topic is moved to the top of the forum it has been moved from, and the posting time is updated, I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah,
or at least thats what was happening when you guys moved all the story games to the OT board.

and when we replyed to them through the MOVED one,
the
MOVED one would go back up the top of the list.
and it would flash in the general disscussion part.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You're right about that, the "Moved thread" moves to the top of the board its in because the date and time is updated.

But as I see it, this is not a problem at all. All you have to do is ignore the "Moved thread" as this doesn't affect the "new post flashes" or the "new post" little orange icon in front of the post as this shows at the actuall location of the topic.

Then again as these two functions doesn't always work I can understand that it's annoying from time to time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.