Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of movies do the users of Librarium-Online like to watch?
What is your favourite movie? Seen any good movies lately?

Anyone seen Dreamcatcher? I'm going to the movies to watch it this afternoon.. Think it looks kind of cool.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I like most kind of movies except for family movies and most Disney movies (the cartoons are ok but not the movies...)

Here is a list of some of my favorites... You'll get the picture:

Fight Club
The Shawshank Redemption
Snatch
A Bridge Too Far
Patton
Braveheart
Platoon
The Lord of the Rings (I don't really count them as seperate movies... more like one long one)
Star Wars
Robin Hood - Men in Tights
Austin Powers
Independence Day
Wayne's World 1&2
Back to the Future (all of them)
Indiana Jones (again... all of them)
Die Hard (yup... all of them..)
Willow
Hunt for Red October

and finally..

The Godfather (Without a doubt the absolute best movie EVER!)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
My favourite genre is horror movies, preferably extremely gory, and with some good effects so it doesn't look stupid of course. I also like some comedies, the ridiculous ones like Monty Python to be exact :lol: , and I like war movies too. Dunno about favourites though...

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm a big fan of comedies. Real life is bad enough, I want humor!

Oddly enough though, my favorite movies are The Hunt For Red October and Patton. I'm looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean coming out this summer. You can't go wrong with pirates (I'm sorry, I love pirates, they're so cool! And with undead pirates, how can you go wrong?!?! This movie could be awful and I would probably still like it because it has pirates...:)). A Beautiful Mind was quite good too. I've never been really big on horror movies. The whole scary/ghost ambience theme always looks good, but I've never been a fan of gore. I don't have a problem with it, I just am not going to see a movie where gore is one of the big selling points. What else...?...

Ah yes...Mel Brooks!!! I have to say Young Frankenstein rivals Red October and Patton as my favorite movie, and his other movies are all great too! Mel Brooks is a genious!

I like science fiction (well, some), especially Star Wars and Star Trek stuff, but it's never been near the top of my list.

I'm also a big fan of the Indiana Jones movies. Same reason as with the pirates, it's just cool. The Indiana Jones movies were also done really well, with good acting (especially the Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade) and good overall sort of theme type work.

Edit: I meant Raiders of the Lost Ark, not Temple of Doom

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Okay a subtle sidenote: a horror movie doesn't have to be very gory for me to like it, I liked The Ring too and that has no gore whatsoever. If there's a good story, well thought-out effects and a lot of tension, I'll probably like it too. Usually though, gore is an important factor, if it looks good :) .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Horror is my favorite, but not crappy horror (too much of that around).
Current favorites are:

Signs
Blade Runner
Fight Club
Lord of the Rings
The Stand (though it is 6 hours long and kinda cheesy)
Frailty
Unbreakable (pretty good)
Dune and Children of Dune (mmm.... Children of Dune)
The Wall
Moulin Rouge! (so what, its a little lighthearted and crazy :) )

Basically, horror movies and movies that are kind of depressing, with a few others throne in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My favourite kind of movies are action movies that have a good storyline like The Matrix and Lord of the Rings (the whole series), those are probably my two favourite movies. I also like war movies and realistic spy thrillers like Spy Games and The Mission. One of my favourites are anime movies, I love anime movies like Akira (the all time best anime movie) and Macross Plus.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I love horror movies and good comedy. I espeacially enjoy comedy horror's but not like the spoof's but more like Evil Dead style.
I reccomend to anyone to watch:

Evil Dead 1
Evil Dead 2
Final Destination 2 and 1 (espeacially if you are like me and enjoy watching utter pointless bloodshed)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Monty Python and The Life of Brian
Monty Python and the Meaning of Life
Armageddon
Men In Black I (well it is kinda funny)
The Craft
Witch Heart's
Stigmata
Enemy at the Gates
Jeepers Creepers
Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels
Saving Private Ryan
BRAVEHEART!!!!! Come on I am Celtic after all!!!!
plus loads others.

okay so I have a few fave's.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i like mostly horror, action and comedy movies. heres the list:

fight club
the ring
lord of the rings
indiana jones-all
star wars-all
conan the barbarian
monthy python-holy grail and life of brian
shark attack 3- funny cause its sooo bad
evil dead
Guyver a dark hero- also like the manga series, very gory
13th warrior
arena

·
Registered
245 Posts
now that someone started a movie list post, here's mine:
The Matrix (one big film)
Snatch
Lotr
(one big film)
Star Wars (one big film)
Indiana Jones (all but number 2: temple of the damned -really crap- but 3 exellent)
All Monthy Pythons
Memento (awsome)
Shrek
Ice Age
Fight Club
Die Hard (all of 'em)
Independence day
Ghost in the Shell
Blood: the last vampire
Metropolis (the old one from Fritz Lang)

and i have to add:
The Simpsons
Futurama
Red Dwarf

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yeah The Ring is kewl... especially the last 10 or so minutes of it! Man I loved the scene where the guy dies! The way the tension builds is great!

·
Registered
959 Posts
hey Bornin did you also find that when you see the girl come out of the well that it reminded you of a cradle of filth videoclip? it really is a good movie, watching it alone in the dark makes it seem more creepy.

·
Registered
959 Posts
'from the cradle to the grave' i think it is where danni is walking through some woods and he kisses a hand that rises from the ground. i dont know i think its just me but that scene for some reason just reminds me of cradle of filth, wouldnt be surprised if in their next video they use it.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Ahh From the Cradle to Enslave, that video rocks!!! Though that scene from The Ring didn't remind me of it, it could be something from one of their videos. Have you seen their movie Cradle of Fear by the way?

·
Registered
57 Posts
ANY WAR MOVIE EVER MADE!
Lord of the Rings...Bravehart...Gladiator.....Ect..Ect...Ect..
favorite cult classic: Army of Darkness "Back up or I will use my BOOM STICK" how classic.....
favorite mini-series: Band of Brothers (part of personal history)

all time favorite movie!: (drum roll please)........Saving Private Ryan!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.