Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2000 point list that is as follows.

HQ
Daemon Prince (Wings, Warptime, Nurgle) 175

Daemon Prince (Wings, Warptime, Nurgle) 175

Elites
Dreadnought (Missle Launcher, CCW+Heavy Flamer) 105

Troops
7x Plague Marines (Champ With Powerfist, 2x Melta, Rhino) 256

7x Plague Marines (Champ With Powerfist, 2x Melta, Rhino) 256

8x Khorne Berzerkers (Champ With Powerfist, Rhino) 243

8x Khorne Berzerkers (Champ With Powerfist, Rhino) 243

Heavy Support
Defiler (2x DCCW) 150

Defiler (2x DCCW) 150

3x Obliterators 225

Thats a total of 1978, which needs to be tinkered with I know. But for getting to 2.5k I was thinking of adding the following.

4x Personal Icons, 1 To Each Champ. 20 Points

Karmoon Special
4x Terminators (Power Fist & Heavy Flamer, 3x Combi-Plasma) 150

14x Lesser Summoned Daemons. 182

13x Lesser Summoned Daemons. 169

This would bring me right up to 2499. The Karmoon special would do what it does, and the icons use is self evident. The Daemons though would be used in different ways depending on situations. In objective games, I would tend to use them as squatters, allowing my more powerful units to move ahead. Or if a unit (zerks) were going to get charged by something much scarier than themselves, or if they simply needed the furious charge bonus, the daemons could act as a speed bump. Or if a unit simply needs more weight of attacks in CC, they could assist by deepstriking in and charging in to said combat.

As always, if anyone has any better ideas with what to do to this list, please let me know. I know zerkers are (usually) considered only semi-competitive, but I like them. Regardless of my likes, wants, and dreams, feel free to tear my list completely apart and criticize every nuance you can find!

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
The Karmoon Special addition is a solid choice and will and utility to your build. The Lesser Daemons, however, are ok, but not really competitive. I'd recommend you take the Karmoon Special squad, one more dread, and then another Marine troop choice.

Karmoon Special- 150
Dread (same as yours)- 105
Zerkers Squad (8 w/ fist & rhino)- 243

That's a total of 498

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Rabbit! I wil probably go the route you suggested, as I hadn't even thought of it before. The only change I will make is dropping the zerkers for PMs with more meltas, which will bring me to 2489.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
possible GD?

After talking to a few local players, everyone seems to have an insane love of the greater daemon over the termi squad.

So I wasthinking of dropping the karmoon, adding 1 body to each of the zerker squads, and putting in a GD and going with that.

Any thoughts?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Depends no your play style. The GD is a much better "show piece" when compared to the termis. The main issue some players face when using him is an early delivery onto the table, when they haven't yet had a chance to get their champs in decent range of enemy targets (although the same can be said of the termis). I've used him to a great success. Really, it comes down to personal preference. Once you factor in the cost of the champ that is sacrificed for the GD, it ends up running about the same cost as the termi squad.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GD and playstyle

My playstyle is generally quite aggressive. I only shirked the zerker squad for the PM squad as I seem to have far better luck with PMs.

Usually I try for annihilation regardless of victory conditions.

I like the termis, but I would really prefer something that will stick around a bit longer.

Also, a concern I had raised on other boards is that I don't have enough anti-tank. I thought the 2mc, 6 meltas, 2 missiles, 2 ordinance weapons, and 3 obbies was enough? Along that same train of thought, would dropping 2 meltas for 2 plasmas (making 4meltas and 2 plasmas) drop me too low on anti-tank?

Also I am not too overly concerned about if the GD pops too early. With 2 winged princes and 5 rhinos, by time it pops I should jave moved my troops and hq 24 inches. So while he may end up footslogging a bit most units that can bring up weight of fire on him should either be softened up or in CC if things don't go terrible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts