Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around the forum a bit but couldn't find if this has come up before -

If I were to have 2 inquisitor squads and BOTH had mystics, which of the following would be true:
both get to roll range and provide free shots
Both get to roll range but only provide one free shot
Only one gets to roll range and provide a free shot.

Also if you do respond, please indicate whether it's your opinion or an official ruling that you've found somewhere.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
both get to roll range and provide free shots
This is just how the rules work. Inquisitorial retinue rules work only for the Inquisitor+retinue unit that the models are in.

So if two Inquisitors each have a retinue including mystics, each Inquisitorial unit gets to benefit from those rules. The rules aren't written such that "only one unit gets to be awesome". ;)

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I see where you're coming from with this and Ilike it. Does this mean a unit with 2x =I=+2 mystic units within 12" could potentially fire twice in the opponent's shoot phase? Possibly.
Yes. But don't forget that's potentially 4 KP's there and absolutely useless against an army without Deepstrikers. And actually it would be in the opponent's movement phase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.