Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking, is it possible to have multiple units in 1 transport as long as they can all fit. For example could I have a chimera bought for a command squad, and then load up a special weapons squad as well? Also can they disembark separately?

On a slightly related note, can the new IG heavy weapons teams travel in transports, and if so how much space do they take up?

·
Registered
502 Posts
On your first question, No only 1 unit may be inside a vehicle at a time. The only exception to this is independant characters, who may travel with that said unit.

I'd assume the heavy weapons only take up one slot and can get into vehicles.

Glavas

·
Scourge Lord
1,638 Posts
I don't think this was a mistake on GW's part. The intent of the mission is to make sure there is only a small patrol meeting the enemy at the start of the game, with he bulk of the army coming in as reinforcements. This rule favors units that don't need transports, which seems to be an endangered breed in 5th edition.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'd assume the heavy weapons only take up one slot
Sorry that I don't have a page to reference, but the IG Codex does state that Heavy Weapon Teams take up two spaces in transports.

·
4,967 Posts
In apocalypse a few super heavy vehicles can carry more than one unit. The Gorgon can carry 50 and the thunderhawk can carry 30 for example.

·
Registered
658 Posts
As well as the IG shadowsword and stormlord. In non-apocalypse however, only one unit can be in a transport, note that a independent character joins the squad and so can travel with them.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Can't find where in the codex it actually says that, but I've always assumed its a yes considering there are 2 men AND a whopping great gun per team.
Page 29, under Heavy Weapon Teams.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
On your first question, No only 1 unit may be inside a vehicle at a time. The only exception to this is independant characters, who may travel with that said unit.

I'd assume the heavy weapons only take up one slot and can get into vehicles.

Glavas
Well if an IC is travelling with a unit it is considered attached and therefore part of that unit until it detaches by moving away.

So there are no exceptions in 40K.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts