Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was just wondering. Ever since i started playing Warhammer i have had somekind of background music while i'm painting. And that music usually fits the army i'm painting, hard music for Chaos, kinda opera style music for Vampires and so on.
Also i like to play some dynamic music in the background when me, and some people i have tought the game to, play. It's very low so you almost cant hear it, but in those moments of silence, the silence is broken up by the dynamic music.

I was wondering if anybody else did the same? and if so what music do you play with which army?

PrOtOcoN

·
Registered
179 Posts
For me the background music required depends upon what i'm painting, its usually dance/techno for Eldar and Rock for Dark Eldar.

I have actually been known to dance while painting, how crazy is that?

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i only occasionally flip out while painting (although i stop painting while doing it). Interesting, you dance while you paint? You would like to see some pictures of your models :D

PrOtOcoN

·
Registered
959 Posts
i listen to heavy metal and death metal while painting my khorne stuff, sometimes head bang along and then spill paint on myself.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
It varies... But all heavy metal music is cool for painting.

As for gaming music there is nothing better than the soundtracks of Silverado, Tombstone and Lord of the Rings to really set the mood.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I nned some chilled out music to paint to. I usally go for classical or maybe something like Portishead or Massive attack.

Keeps me calm, which I need to be to paint. I you get angry or aggressive then it reflects in your models I think. suppose that is quite good for Chaos worshipers though.

I might try painting Tau to war of the worlds though, could have interesting results. :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by protocon@May 6 2003, 04:51
Well i only occasionally flip out while painting (although i stop painting while doing it). Interesting, you dance while you paint? You would like to see some pictures of your models :D

PrOtOcoN
well i move my hips a little but I stop painting once i really get started, i just hold the model and the brush and get paint everywhere.... my mom hates me :D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
What about the official CSM band: Bolt Thrower!
That's excellent Death Metal, some of their albums are "Warmaster", "The IVth Crusade", "Honour Valour Pride"...

jwu

·
Registered
959 Posts
you should all check out Amon Amarth, one kick ass pagan metal band. with songs like 'fury divine' 'bloodshed' and 'down the slopes of death' a berserker cant go wrong with them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
uhh, im not too into death metal or hardcore metal, the hardest i go is pantera, and cradle of filth(when I want something to die) but i usually listen to a perfect circle or something to keep me calm

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
For painting and gaming alike, it's usually Cradle of Filth (currently my favourite band). A problem sometimes when I'm painting though, especially when I want to finish some details on the mini but start headbanging incontrollably :p ! Occasionally it's Machine Head or Dimmu Borgir too, and in rare occasions Slipknot, KoRn or Linkin Park (yes you read it right), but mostly CoF, suitably evil I'd say. I used to listen to hardcore and terror while painting, but that's like a year or 2 ago, I rarely listen to anything other than metal now.
btw if anyone is looking for a suitable band for World Eaters gaming/painting, there is a band called The Berzerker, but be warned, they're pretty extreme, I used to think it was terror...
Another cool fact: there's a band called Dies Irae (anyone who read Storm of Iron will now smile :) ), though I have no idea what kind of music they make. I think it's some metal band though.

·
Registered
959 Posts
All Hail the gods of Heavy Metal!!!

Hammerfall is a good power/thrash metal band their new album Crimson Thunder is @#%ing awesome check it out! Emperor is a good black metal band. Bornin you should check out cannibal corpse, may appeal to your Slaaneshi side.

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BiD, i believe we are kindred spirits. Thank you for describing my playlist in detail :lol:
Dis Irae? REALLY? I'll have to get me some of that!
Berzerker? i think i've heard them. But my mind sacan found two items that match that query. Anybody seen clerks? that russian guy was singing Berzerker. It went a little something like this:

My love for you is like a berserker!
would you like making f*ck berzerker!
and so on...

There is a song that's really Chaosy with Dimmuborgir which i'll have to tell you about later cuz its not in this computer (cant remember the name <_< )

A little fact nugget for all you Dimmuborgir fans out there. Do you know where Dimmuborgir, the place, is?
Thats right! My country! ICELAND!! ahhh, its great blasting Dimmuborgir when you are actually at Dimmuborgir. They should have a concert there.
Enough of my ramblings for now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
protocon,

you are fron Iceland? coool! (no pun intended) I also am Scandinavian; Finnish.

My grand Mother's sister still lives in Finnland. (my Great Aunt)

Reykjavik-ians Unite!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Kewl, always nice to see there's people with the exact same taste in music around!
If you check kazaa for The Berzerker you should find enough tracks to give you a general idea of what they're like, they are fast!!! Possibly the most brutal band around...

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reykjavik-ians? those are people on the mainland, in the capital. I live on a small island just south of Iceland Westman-Islands.
(The mainland is 3 hours away by ship, although it would take me about an hour to swim across. But there is no harbour next to island because there is so much sand on the opposite beach.) But its ok living here, im 15 minutes from anything (ANYTHING!!!), unless i walk in circles.
Also with Iceland, its not so cold here (except for winter, then you have to dig your way through the streets) its more like "Constantly raining, always foggy, help there's and volcanic eruption Land"
I'll try to find Berzerker on Kazaa, where did you see Dis Irae?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.