Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new army list guys. For 1000 PT battles. I've taken into consideration the replies from my last army list post, and have put more thought into this one. Tell me what you think.

ARMY : 999 PT Total

HQ
Shas'o : Plasma, Missiles, Shield, 2 Shield Drones, Multi-tracker, Target lock
Bodyguard : T/L Plasma, Shield, 1 Shield Drone
Bodyguard : T/L Missile, Shield, Target Lock

TROOPS
Fire Warriors (12) : 2 Shield Drones
Fire Warriors (12) : 2 Shield Drones

HEAVY SUPPORT
XV88 (1) : Shield, 1 Shield Drone
Hammerhead : Railgun, Smart Missile sys., Decoy Launcher, Disrupt. Pod, Target Lock

Also while I'm here, I have a question...I was wondering if you could use representations while you're battling..like before a battle you would tell your opponent it's a representation and all of the points are accounted for. I.E.:

You have 1 Seeker Missile model glued to your tank but you want to use four.;
You normally field 2 Gun Drones on your HQ squad, but for this battle you want to use them as if they were Shield Drones.;
The Burst Cannon you've glued to your Crisis suit has not been serving you well lately, and you want to use it as a Missile Pod until you can get glue remover. Or something.;

Or is it all just up to the opponent you're facing? That's what I'm guessing. But either way it seems very fair to me, as long as you're compensating for the point addition/loss.

·
Registered
77 Posts
All up, I'd say a *very* nice looking Cadre, and I suspect it'll do well in battle.

Only thing that raises a small question mark in my mind is this - Your Fire Warrior squads have a base of 120 points. If you want to give them shield drones, you first have to upgrade one to a team leader (+10 pts), then give him a hard-wired Drone controller (+2 pts), and finally the two Shield drones (+30 pts).

This raises the squad from 120 pts to 162 pts, for +1 attack, +1 Ld and 2 4+ invulnerable saves... which may well drop in the first round of bolter/lasgun fire.

If the Fire Warriors staying alive are a vital part of your strategy, then by all means keep the shield drones, but if not, you could, say, take the 84 points for this upgrade from the Fire warriors, take off the Target Lock from the third Bodyguard (since he has a twin-linked set of missiles, it won't do anything anyway), and invest in maybe a trio of stealth suits. Up to you.

As regards to representations, you're right - its pretty much up to the opponent you're facing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a good point with the Fire Warriors. But I've seen numerous posts saying that Fire Warriors are the backbone of the Tau army; they haven't been doing too well in my last few battles, then again I don't think I was trying with them. But I think I will do what you've suggested and take out the drones.

As for your suggestion about Stealth suits -- at first I was thinking of fielding some in my battles. I guess the trick with these guys is to stay mobile, since if I want to kill anything with these guys I have to be within 18". That means that they would have to roll a total of only 6 (2D6x3; 6x3=18"). And the 3 toughness means that if I'm hit then I'm pretty much gone. Also, one of my friends like to play 'Nids. I'm pretty sure some of the bugs have some move 9" rush 12" rule or something. I'm not sure, but I think it might be a bit hard then to stay out of cc. On the other hand, 3 of these guys would mean 9 more shots. Also maybe I could try to use them just as a ranged diversion as they try in vain to hit me. >:) I'll try it out sometime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.