Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is my 1500pt eldar tournament list. i'v only vs'ed chaos space marine with it so far and i only lost about 400 pts. so here it is:

HQ-
Farseer + doom + runes of warding = 95
Farseer + doom = 80

Elite-
Banshee's x10 + exarch + mirrorswords + acrobat + warshout = 192
---Wave serpent + spirit stones + vectored engines + shuriken cannon = 130
Fire Dragons x7 = 112
---wave serpent + spirit stones +shuriken cannon = 110

Troop-
Dire avengers x10 + exarch + x2 cats + bladestorm = 152
---wave serpent + spirit stones + shuriken cannon = 110
rangers x6 + pathfinders = 144

Heavy-
Fire Prism x3 = 345

And thats it. in objective games, the rangers will camp on my home objective while the wave serpents and everything in them will go out and contest/capture. the prism cannons will stay back on my table half the majority of the time and shoot everything until they become piles of goup and in the dting turns, may be sent out to contest objectives. Annihilation missions should be pretty straight-forward. comment and feedback would be appreciated aswell as anyway i could improve the list.
Thanks, Blinky

·
1,059 Posts
The cost on the pathfinders is wrong. It would be correct if you wanted to field 6 though. My biggest concern would be only having 2 scoring units. the pathfinders only have to run into a flamer or assault to be cleared out and while DA are good troops in an objective mission I would imagine they and their transport will recieve a very large amount of attention. I personally like the executioner on my banshees as the str 5 gives them a fighting chance against MCs and can hurt the back armor of tanks but as I say it is personal taste, some like mirror swords more. I am not sure if I would bother with the vectored engines they are expensive and don't help that much IMO. I would also look at upgrading a serpent or twos guns. It is one of the few places in your list you can get heavy weapons and they are twin linked making them decently accurate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoops, must have typed 7 instead of 6 for the pathfinders. thanks for pointing that out.

i agree with you in that 2 scoring units probably isnt enough, im trying to work a list that has 2x dire avengers and rangers or 3x avengers.

i realy cant decide between the executioner and the mirrorswords, if i do take on a MC theyr usually T6 so the executioner will only wound on 5+ anyways.

vectored engines will probably be one of the upgrades i'll take out to fit in more DA in a new list.

and for the serpents, i like having the twin linked shuri cannon. range isnt normally an issue for my serpants cause theyr always in the enemys face and they still have str6 for those rear armor shots + theyr cheap! ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.